FTX Zorro Brushless - lost drive & steering after crash on 1st run out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete2543

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there, just joined the forum to get help. I’ve just bought my son a starter RC with an FTX Zorro Brushless. Went out today for the first run, it was all going fine until he gave me a go! 🤦‍♂️ I clipped a rock and the truck barrel rolled quite a few times. No obvious damage to the truck, but I have lost all drive and steering.

When I switch it on, the light comes on ok and the fan runs on the ESC unit, but doesn’t do anything when I try throttle forward or reverse, or any steering function.

The manual is pretty limited, so can anybody guide me on how to find and fix the fault (and save face with my son!!). Many thanks.

Hi there, just joined the forum to get help. I’ve just bought my son a starter RC with an FTX Zorro Brushless. Went out today for the first run, it was all going fine until he gave me a go! 🤦‍♂️ I clipped a rock and the truck barrel rolled quite a few times. No obvious damage to the truck, but I have lost all drive and steering.

When I switch it on, the light comes on ok and the fan runs on the ESC unit, but doesn’t do anything when I try throttle forward or reverse, or any steering function.

The manual is pretty limited, so can anybody guide me on how to find and fix the fault (and save face with my son!!). Many thanks.
If neither the steering or the motor is working then its most likely either a receiver problem or an ESC problem. The cheapest part to start with is the receiver. Id try replacing that first.

Thanks @Greywolf74 I’ll check that out. Is there a way to test components with a multimeter or just trial fit replacement parts?

check receiver plugs. then check foe esc voltage to receiver .

Which radio did it come with? FTX cars are well known for having cheap electronics that fail easily. I would start with finding the instructions for binding the radio to the receiver, then, once thats done, unplug the servo, and see if the motor works. Sometimes, if the servo has issues, it can cause it to lose power to the ESC, just dont ask me why, or how. FTX uses a lot of different rebranded radios, so, a pic of the actual radio and i should be able to find the manual for it.

Back