ftx carnage moves even without throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lockett15

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi there, I'm have a problem with my ftx carnage nt car and I'm wondering if any one can point me in the right direction please.. Basically my cars front wheels just spin and spin and spin regardless if I'm pulling the throttle!! It's 4wd and about half a year old if that.. It run perfect till the other day when the wheels started messing up.. I will admit I have rolled it once or twice but not at the time thewheels started playing up.. I have no clue what so ever about these cars as its a new hobby I've just started.. I think it could be to do with the servo but again I have no idea how to go about checking.. Any help would be apricated cheers in advance..

Idle is too high, linkage has moved, clutch shoes are dragging, clutch bearings are dry/seizing... could be any or all of those.

Idle is too high, linkage has moved, clutch shoes are dragging, clutch bearings are dry/seizing... could be any or all of those.
Bloody hell I no how to turn by idle down that's about it.. Cheers mate..

Some basic knowledge is a must in this hobby.

Read and re-read all the stickies... That will make it so much easier.

You need to tune a nitro engine every use, or, if the weather changes, twice or three times. Here's some useful threads that'll help you learn about nitro rc:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-rc-beginners-guide.68224/
Hope they help :)
You need to tune a nitro engine every use, or, if the weather changes, twice or three times. Here's some useful threads that'll help you learn about nitro rc:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-rc-beginners-guide.68224/
Hope they help :)
cheers for the links mate.. People seem to be pointing me towards tuneing my engine which I'm going to look at but what I'm trying to get across is that it's just my front wheels that spin not my back ones!! It's 4wd so I'm wondering that if it was my idle speed shouldn't they both spin?? And it's not just a steady spin they pick up speed and just keep going!! I literally have to apply the brake and cut the engine for it to stop... My idle was fine then this happened!! I don't fancy messing around with stuff and creating more problems..

Some basic knowledge is a must in this hobby.

Read and re-read all the stickies... That will make it so much easier.

I have a bit of knowledge on this hobbie just not enough to go wasting money on problems that I have no idea how to fix.. Hence why I'm asking on here..

Last edited:
cheers for the links mate.. People seem to be pointing me towards tuneing my engine which I'm going to look at but what I'm trying to get across is that it's just my front wheels that spin not my back ones!! It's 4wd so I'm wondering that if it was my idle speed shouldn't they both spin?? And it's not just a steady spin they pick up speed and just keep going!! I literally have to apply the brake and cut the engine for it to stop... My idle was fine then this happened!! I don't fancy messing around with stuff and creating more problems..

I have a bit of knowledge on this hobbie just not enough to go wasting money on problems that I have no idea how to fix.. Hence why I'm asking on here..
As the engines warm up, the idle can fluctuate, get the engine warmed up to 200-220f and then change the idle so that none of the wheels spin. To test the 4wd just pick the vehicle up and rev the engine, if all four wheels move then you're good.