Sold / Found FS: Sweet 2.5 Tmaxx hop-ups and spares

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have decided to list my truck up for sale to see if I get any bites. It's taken me a while to come to this decision, but I am going to get out of the monster truck scene. I am not pressed to sell her at all, so I'm not in a big hurry to sell it. I am not looking for trades at all, and I am not parting anything out. It all goes together, or stays with me together. I actually value the time I have into this more then the money I've invested. This is my 4th Tmaxx, and everything done to this truck is based on trial and error. I believe this is one of the best set-up bashers around. It's also a sweet race truck though it's kind of heavy, but it's strong. If I were going to race it seriously, I'd replace the some of the aluminum with RPM, but I've only raced it for fun. This is my bash toy. I have driven this truck to hell and back, and it never breaks.

Now, down to business... This is a 2.5 Tmaxx. The truck and most of the components have about 2 gallons on them except for the engine assembly (engine, head, clutch assembly, and slipper/spur) The engine is a little under a half gallon new, as are the above mentioned pieces. Broken in with 8 tanks, and tuned to fly.I removed the ez-start, and installed a rotostart. I didn't really like the bulky starter motor set-up that the ez-start is. I will try to list everything, and I'm not going to bother trying to list values of the items. If you know what you're looking at, you'll know what it cost me.

RotoStart with battery
American CNC Enormous cooling head made with 6061 T6 aluminum
Forward only conversion (will include everything to reinstall reverse including the servo)
RRP Dual disk slipper
RRP steel spur gear
Vented clutch bell
AE blue aluminum shocks with 50wt silicone installed (blue)
Aluminum shock towers (blue)
Aluminum A-Arms (blue)
Aluminum chassis braces (blue)
Aluminum steering servo skid/guard (blue)
Aluminum throttle servo mounts (blue)
Aluminum wheel hexes (blue)
Aluminum wheel nuts (blue)
Aluminum inline fuel filter mounted under tank (red)
Custom Aluminum cover for the reverse servo hole (silver)
RPM front bumper (blue)
RPM rear bumper (blue)
RPM front, center, and rear skid plates (blue)
Carbon brake disk
MIP center CVD's (black)
Dynamite front and rear CVD's with boots (shiny)
Proline steering w/built in servo saver
Team Trinity 6V 1100Mah Nimh receiver pack
MIP onboard temp gauge
Red Seal teflon sealed bearings installed in both diffs. (I have the bearings for the rest of the truck)
2 Custom Painted/Airbrushed Proline F-150 bodies. 1 is in pretty bad shape, the other doesn't even have mounting holes in it yet. It's still in the bag with the stickers included
JR Z590 throttle servo
Hitec HS-5945MG steering servo with blue aluminum servo arm (what a monster, like 180 oz/in torque)
Big Joes mounted on Velocity wheels
Stock tires and wheels
Proline Sand paddles with foams not mounted yet

Spare parts are as follows:
EZ-Start (missing the start box)
2.5 pullstart (used for about 2 tanks then installed the rotostart)
Stock cooling head
Plastic spur gear with stock slipper set-up complete with extra pegs
Stock bumpers
Stock steering set-up
Fuel tank
Hinge pins
Tons of spare bearings and screws (a stock pile from my other trucks)
One complete differential
Stock wheels hexes and nuts
Rear body mount

Wow, I think that's about it. I'm sure there are a few things that haven't been mentioned, but I think this is a pretty decent list. The only things needed to get the truck going will be your radio and receiver. I have a Novak Xxtra installed in it right now, and I can leave it in for a few more dollars. It's a 75Mhz FM version. I am looking to get in the neighborhood of $700 for everything listed, not including the Xxtra. I am willing to deal a little, I know looking at the price it seems kind of high based on the current (resale) value for Tmaxxs, but I don't want to take a huge loss on it either. It's a great truck, and as I said before, for what I do with it it's set-up perfectly. Email me for pictures, I can take shots of any particular angle/piece you want. The truck is a bit dirty right now, and it will probably be that way when I sell it. I haven't had the time to give it a good cleaning since the last bash session, and I know it I tear it all down to clean it up, I'm just going to end up keeping it. I have feedback all over the boards, as well as Ebay, and I'm Paypal verified. I would prefer a check/money order sale on this one so I don't have to pay Paypal fees, but I will accept paypal for this if you kick in a little extra to help cover the fees. We will have to figure out shipping also. There is a lot here, shipping isn't going to be terribly cheap. I can ship anyway the buyer likes, but I prefer dealing with UPS. That way I can provide a tracking number. Thanks for taking the time to read this obnoxiously long post. Email me with any questions, or with picture requests. [email protected] Thanks again.

(Once again my pics are to large, so I'm going to resize 1. If you want more pics, please email me. Thank you)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone be interested if I said $600 including the Xxtra?

Not to rain on your parade as you do have a nice truck, but I offered up my Maxx in similar fashion and it sold for under $400. You might be waiting a bit at that price.

Yeah, you're not raining on me. The only problem I have is that I see trucks with less selling for more. And I know that if I decided to part her out I'd get at least what I'm asking, but I don't want to do that. I figure even at used prices for everything that's included I'm asking a fair price. The benifit of it not selling is that I get to keep it. But, I decided to post it up to see if I could get any bites. Obviously not. I realize that $700 was a bit steep, but I think $600 with a $100 receiver, a $100 servo, and an $80 custom painted body is a good price. Honestly, I'd take $600 and pay shipping via UPS, but that's the bottom line. I'll leave it up for a few more days, and then take it out and drive the piss out of it again. :shrug:

cooling head

I am interested in your cooling head, do you still have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.