For Secret Santa participants to talk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtaylortank

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
As the Title says figured this would be a good way for everyone to put down what they are working on for projects, what they have for rc's, pretty much what they are interested in...

Like me I have so many r.c.'s I wont list them all. although I beleive I have an updated list in my profile. But anyways I am into scale crawlers I have a scx10 with a bronco top on it, that I have been slowly upgrading. I have a couple tmaxx 3.3's I use alot, aswell as a couple classic maxx's 1 with a 3.3, a brushless rusty looking for 1/10 scale mt tires (not talons), me and the boy race our slash's alittle, I have a summit I use alot now (cause of the snow), losi high roller1/10, and we have losi micro's aswell a coupls 1/36 Highrollers, a couple micro t's, a few 1/36 desert trucks( 1 is brushless) micro baja, and micro 1/24 sct (by losi aswell)

me and my daughter also tie flies aswell for another hobby. Hopefully something like this will help out if we all put up a post or 2...

Last edited:
I think that's a great idea tank. That way, we know we get each other something that's wanted / needed.

As for myself, I've just about given up cars and trucks completely, and have went full on into aircraft, helicopters to be exact. I'm working on my winter project as usual this time of year, and here's the things I'm in need of

Gryphon pin flag switch
2s 1900 mah lipo (or roughly that size)
Blade balancer (capable of handling 600mm blades)
Ball link pliers
Align hex driver set (cheap and decent quality)

Futaba 8FGH super....

Just kidding about the last one :hehe:

I'm just not into nitro is the main thing about me, so glow plugs wont do me any good lol.

2.5m allen driver is all I've been needing or cutoff discs for a dremel.

Great idea. Well I'm full on nitro and everything I own is traxxas. I currently own a jato 3.3 and a revo 3.3. Anything cool for either of those trucks I can always use. I'm not picky and love anything to do with nitro cars. I don't really have my eye on anything specific so whoever got my name just be creative and I will enjoy whatever you deside to send me. Thanks.

I'm into mainly minis. My favorite right now is my mERV.

Right now my main thing is my scx-10. Its pretty much stock, but I've been doing little things here and there. I also love my slash 4x4. I'm in the middle of a complete rebuild of it. I took it apart down to individual pieces and have been building it back up with all new screws and bearings as well as upgraded parts all around the truck so by spring time its gonna be an allout racer.

I also have my t-maxx 2.5 with no motor in it right now, but i have been upgrading that truck as well. My last project is an e-revo BL. Its a complete chassis right now, tranny and all just trying to decide what motor/esc combo it should have. I also have a DX3S

My main thing right now is my Savage XSS. It's all stock as of right now! Like to get some big bore shocks to eliminate the 8 shocks i have now. Also, looking to get a CVD axle set. Some beadlock rims to eventually get some 40 size tires. Thing is this stuff isn't cheap. Well, I'm also thinking about somehow converting my Vintage RC10 to brushless so anything to do with that. Although, do you think that's a bad idea. I don't know. Many other things for my Savage as well. Thanks...

Dave

I am rebuilding my Savage as well. I am 90% done with it. I was looking to put the alloy engine bell crank on it eventually. My AX-10 has a busted front steering knuckle that I am thinking about replacing with alloy as well...

Last edited:
I have a total of 4 rcs, brushless erevo, Summit, Rustler, and Tamiya Mini Cooper. I need stuff for all 4 of them too, i just haven' t decided which one to work on first. the main thing i need for all of them (minus the summit) is a spektrum 3 channel transmitter. The Erevo needs another set of 2 cell lipos, The rustler needs a new motor and esc, summit needs more batteries. I don't know what else to say.

Last edited:
does any body have any other type of hobbies that they enjoy doing aswell?? that way everyone can have a couple ideas to choose from... anything to help someone get/give you something that is usefull to you.. It will also give us all a chance to kinda get to know other hobbies we are into aswell as our addiction we all have incomon..... Hope everbody enjoys the gifts they get!!!!

I also play paintball I have a Tippmann A5 with a Delrin star fire bolt and a flat line barrell. Just put a expansion chamber on it and it is wicked. I also run a remote lineand we have our own filling station because it is way cheaper. We play every Sunday soon as winter hits and it's a blast.

I'm currently running all electrics (also all Traxxas). Got a 1/16 e-revo and a Slash 4x4, and hopefully soon a stampede. Also fly electric planes, and helis (currently really into my mCPx micro).

Not many hobbies other than that. My free time is divided mostly between RCs, computers, and video games. I need a life :D

TBH though, I don't care if it's something I need or not. Or even is it's something not rc related. There needs to be some mystery in this.

I also play paintball I have a Tippmann A5 with a Delrin star fire bolt and a flat line barrell. Just put a expansion chamber on it and it is wicked. I also run a remote lineand we have our own filling station because it is way cheaper. We play every Sunday soon as winter hits and it's a blast.
You have your own charging station!!?? Damn I wish...lol. I wanted to get into the high pressure PCP air rifles but the cost of the charging pumps keeps me from doing it.

There is still mystery but where this is the first one it gives everyone an idea of what they are running or building and a few other hobbies to think about so you can get a wider range of diferent kinds of gifts.. next one will be alittle easier I think cause alot of us will know a few more people alittle better by the next one.. But I get what you mean capt..

The more info we give the more we will know about each other to start off
Almost all my snow is gone around the house I can deal with another weak or 2 without snow for the nitro's sake and then snow for x-mas and then for new years and then it can leave unless I get a truck by jan. than I wont mind it as much, cause I will have a toy that will be warm to play in l.o.l.

Yes Joey we have our own fill station. My friends brother is a welder and he gave us two tanks to use there 50 gallon. The place that fills them for us is only about 20 miles from where we play and they don't charge but $25.00 to fill each one.

well i just got a new used tmax and electric 4 tec with mechanical speed control lame i have a nitro 4tec with a OS 18cvr and she screams last weekend bblew the clutch up and blew all 4 tires lol and smoked the 2 back rims fun day hu.
so what do i need?
esc for the new 4tec
tmax hop ups
rs4 evo parts
4tec rims and tires
or what ever else

i can't wait this is going to be cool and i think its a great way for us to get on a personal level with everyone.

i am looking to get either a Fly Sky FS-GT3B for my rc10 or another receiver for my Spektrum DX3E. Fly sky is cheap and supposedly decent. I'd like to get a cheap brushless combo esc for rc10 as well. Maybe an EZ-RUN or something similar and a turnigy lipo. Put some real life in it on the cheap....! Thanks.

Mine is in the mail going to *******...since it is mailing from Korea I figured I would give it that little extra time to get there in *********.

Well right now I am into my racing offroad dirt and indoor offroad carpet.So that is where almost all my time and efforts are going. I am running my AE SC10,SC10B and T4.1 kits and always need spares. Also was looking for extra recievers for my Spektrum DX3R and personal transponders or even a front 12mm hex conversion kit.Other than that rims and tires from JConcept are needed and even got my eye on a new JC SC backpack. And I always like Gift Certs since I can add em up for a larger purchase down the road.Thanks fellas and Happy Holidays to you all.l8r,wrench.

Back