for all you computer people HELP!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpiracer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey all got this new comp from a friend and am hooking it up to the internet using cable . i bought a d link because it has no ethernet card now i can't get online please help me !!!!!!

when i open up internet explorer it says cannot open search page please help me !!!

You must have either a USB or ethernet connection to the cable modem.

It should be plug n play.

I own 2 D-Link USB wireless adapters and use them in my home. Make sure you installed the drivers that came on the included cd. Windows XP does not have drivers. Second you might tell me what wireless router you are using. Down by your time you will see to screens flashing, right click and click "view available wireless networks", you should sse the name of your router. Click on the name of the router the click the connect button. If you are not using WEP (password) then click the box that says "allow me to connect even if it is not secure" or something to that effect. Once it tells you connect to that router it will give you a signal strength status such as excellent or good. Now try IE and bring up a web page. That is the short of it so try that if it still doesn't work we can get into the long of it. BTW what OS are you using?

so you bought a USB wirless network card and you dont have a wireless router? I am trying to help you and people pay me damn good money for this kind of stuff and I am offering for free. If you want anymore free help from me please be over specific about your equipment. Do you have a router? What make and model? The type of answer I am looking for there is " I have NetGear Router model number blah blah blah. Please help me to help you.

-Blazer

Is this what you have? As a network card?

DUB-E100_main.gif

Cuz I am talkin this

DWL-122_main.gif

Last edited:
Hey Blazer,have you had good luck with the Dlink stuff? I tried it and some friends did too and were not happy. Returned the router for a Linksys,and love it.

ok i have a linksys router model #bef sru31 i bought a dlink to hookup a new comp i got from my friend it doesn't have a enternet card so i got a dlink #dsb 650 it connects through usb . i cannot get the new comp on the internet what should i do sorry a bout not explaining i t before i was in a rush :thumbsup:

I actual used to really back Lynksys and Netgear, both havegone way south imo. I have all Wireless networking equipment for my home and 2 of my offices and it all worked great. Nothing out of the ordinary just a flash on the new firmware updates on the routers and all have been solid. I like there wide selections and their antennas work great. And tech support is actually done in the US which the other two that were mention outsourced to India. We all have different experiences though, there will always be products that are defective out of the box of all makes and models.