foam inside duratrax lockup mt tires turned into confetti?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjoseph

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I have had the above tires for a few months now, not used very much at all and i now notice on the rear tires if i squeeze them a white sawdust comes out which i take is the foam which has broken down for some reason?

what would cause this to happen?

Were they premounts or did you mount them? Did water get inside of them? Where have you been running them? What are they mounted on?

use other brands 4 tires duratracks is junk. i sold my stuff 2 many problems.

What rc?...proline makes some nice sneakers

Check out the proline badlands

If you're just bashing with them and aren't having any issues, other than the dust, I say run them. If you start noticing anything like they're out of balance or anything that affects their handling, then look into replacements.

to save some money I was thinking of just replacing the tires and foam.

The rims are 2.8" and about 2" wide, when looking for new tires to go on these rims do they need to be exactly 2" wide to match the rim? Or is there a range that will work, for example +/- 1/4" so in this case tires with a width of 1.75" to 2.25" will work fine?

Is there anything else i should look at when determining if a certain tire will fit on these rims? I am trying to avoid purchasing the wrong size tire for these rims and other tips would be appreciated thanks again.

it looks like most of the proline 1/10th wheels have traxxas style bead, so i dont believe they will work with the rims from the Lockup MT. I really like the proline gladiators but I would have to buy new rims since those are traxxas style bead as well.

Are there any other tire brands besides Proline that make quality tires that do not have a traxxas style bead?

thanks again

Anyway to use a traxas style bead tire on a non traxas style rim ?
I don't think so. If I was you, I'd run your current tires until they're done and then get some new ones. You're already getting the expensive part if you buy new tires, you may as well spend the little extra and just get wheels with them.

Back