Fms FCX24 accessories thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Going to start a thread for FCX24 accessories. These rigs are starting to pick up some support so I thought I would make a spot for new finds to be added.

Furitek - Carbon Fiber chassis & power systems.

Treal - Portal covers, Links, Axles, Drive Shafts, metal portal gears, wheel spacers.

Injora - Wheels, Tires

FMS - direct replacement parts

Ebay - custom items showing up, this bumper set is nice.

Aliexpress - Alternate choices for brass portal covers and lots of new bits and peices

Feel free to add more if you find them. :)

There is a ton of parts available everywhere but some of the new guys certainly would appreciate the reference point on here.

Injora just came out with some nice brass portal covers that are heavier than the Treal ones and cheaper by almost half.

RCAWD has some FCX24-specific 43mm double barrels and steering links and top links available now, too. Just ordered their double barrels to see how they compare with the SCX24 RCLions 43mm’s I’m running now.

Injora also offers SCX24 hc links with threaded ends. While they aren’t a direct fit, you can get creative with replacing the supplied m1.4 pivot ball link ends with M2 Uxcell pivot ball link ends. I tried their 19mm link ends but wasn’t entirely satisfied with them as they allow the links to twist too much and stretch the total length of the links quite a bit, to the extent that corresponding driveshafts were now too short for the links they were designed for.

I found some Uxcell 15mm link ends that I much prefer, as they minimize twist and keep the links closer to their intended length. Unfortunately they are also crazy expensive, at $10 for 4. You’ll need 16 of them to do a full 4-link setup front and rear. Suddenly you’re looking at a $60 link setup. If you can be more patient, it might be worth waiting for the mainstream companies to offer platform-specific stretched links which will probably work better for less than half the price and with zero fitment headaches.

Last edited:
Bump. New goodies from Treal just arrived yesterday: Metal transmission gears, brass non-beadlock wheels, and FCX24-specific 43mm double barrels. I recently mounted the RCAWD fcx24 43mm ones but these seem nicer made, less crude, and very smooth compared with smooth-ish. They also have a softer spring and include some nice additional hardware such as spacers. The RCAWD ones had some extra hardware but did not include spacers which I think are necessary for maximum smooth consistent articulation without contacting the frame.

88B9A3C4-CC29-46E1-9165-08E19C3BF264.jpeg

E67CFF80-9CC0-47E9-9CE3-FD5BDF940028.jpeg

166AEAA4-C5D1-455A-AA86-38A66E6FA846.jpeg

4E2B71A5-C207-4152-BAB0-A40EDF972B8D.jpeg

Has anyone found out if anyone makes ring and pinion metal gears for these yet. Or will the atlas ring and pinion from Furitek work?
F08310D8-BB62-4CA6-81F1-5A0F0C5FC188.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone found out if anyone makes ring and pinion metal gears for these yet. Or will the atlas ring and pinion from Furitek work?
I don’t think there’s a known metal r&p setup yet, given the level of development of these rigs in some of the fcx24 Facebook groups where people are complaining about the plastic r&p with no known metal solution. However, today I saw a sneak peak of a metal gear open front diff from the new FCX24 monster truck, which would suggest the rear diff gears are metal. I’m not familiar with the gearing layout so I’m not sure if this metal gearing extends to the r&p but there’s a possibility that the MT parts bin will have what we need.

In any case, FMS has been addressing weak links in the FCX family, and a positive aspect of them introducing a new FCX24-based MT is that it is certain to stress components even more than the crawler, which should push them to introduce heavier duty components as the weak ones break. For example, I can’t imagine the weak stock servo horn will last with those huge wheels and tires, so that’s another area for improvement I expect to see soon. Mine started slipping the same night I installed my Injora MT wheels and tires, so I took those back off until I either replace the servo with an aftermarket one that can fit a metal horn, or FMS supersedes their crappy plastic one with a better design.

My gears stripped first climb but nothing is stock on Amy part of my truck haha and weighs a lot. So I will be waiting to find out when we will all have the metal r&p

00A5FCD6-74DD-4CFA-AD30-C5C4F6C8027D.jpeg

Back