FMS 1:24 FCX24 Chevrolet K5 Blazer RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
This looks interesting. Click image to check it out.
FCX24ChevroletK5Blazer49_1000x.jpg

They have a pre-sale going on right now from April 11th to May 10th, and you get some free knick knacks with it. I wonder how the scale of the body is compared to an SCX24. The Smasher has a bit longer wheelbase and the track width is a bit wider than the SCX24, but I think the body of the Smasher is pretty close to the SCX24 in scale. I am wondering how 1/25 bodies will fit on this, because I never was much of a fan of the Blazer.

I don't think it's any stubbier than the original
1982_chevrolet_blazer-pic-8485942692529710352-1024x768.jpeg

Finally got a chance to take a look at this. I think this will be a big seller, the FCX24 platform is really nice, glad to see them offering it in more sets.

Love the fact that the cap can be removed and an optional rollbar can be added to give it a totally different look. There are already a decent amount of aftermarket options for this platform.

Really good low speed for crawling and quick speed for trail runs. I think this is the best overall platform in stock form. Going to keep this on my radar for when the budget allows. :thumbs-up:

Finally got a chance to take a look at this. I think this will be a big seller, the FCX24 platform is really nice, glad to see them offering it in more sets.

Love the fact that the cap can be removed and an optional rollbar can be added to give it a totally different look. There are already a decent amount of aftermarket options for this platform.

Really good low speed for crawling and quick speed for trail runs. I think this is the best overall platform in stock form. Going to keep this on my radar for when the budget allows. :thumbs-up:
I agree. It saddens me a bit because I have such a love for the SCX24's. But the Smasher has swayed me a bit. I still have at least 2 more SCX24's I want to build. But in the back of my mind I can foresee a herd of FCX24 trucks crawling their way across the workbench.

I have most of the major brands of Mini-crawlers now, straight out of the box the FCX24 is no doubt the best bang for the buck. A lot of folks didn't care for the power wagon body so I think the Bronco will appeal to them. Hope to see more variety in the future.

I have most of the major brands of Mini-crawlers now, straight out of the box the FCX24 is no doubt the best bang for the buck. A lot of folks didn't care for the power wagon body so I think the Bronco will appeal to them. Hope to see more variety in the future.
I love that Power Wagon body, but the whole truck just doesn't look anywhere near 1/24 scale to me. It's like the shortened the wheelbase close to the SCX24 just to call it 1/24th. That's my only complaint. You have some 1/18 crawlers too don't you?

I have both the Traxxas Bronco and Defender, the FMS FJ, The FMS Atlas 6x6, the two FMS FCX24 Power wagons, Hobby Plus Rock Van are all 1/18 scale.

I have both the Traxxas Bronco and Defender, the FMS FJ, The FMS Atlas 6x6, the two FMS FCX24 Power wagons, Hobby Plus Rock Van are all 1/18 scale.
How does the FMS Power Wagon look next to the TRX4M?

Back