Flat Panel TV's. Where do you have them installed?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nautcasprt6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I'm bored and I'm looking to putting a spare 26" Flat Panel TV in my backyard.
I will be splitting the signal from my STB to 2 TV's. Its ok that both TV's will show the same channel.
I have on order the Tilt & Swivel mount, HDMI Splitter, and HDMI Cable.
My Idea is to put the mount on the wall and make it a quick release so that I can take it outside when I want or leave it out there and bring it in on cold/Rain/Muggy days.

So, I want to know other than the usual Bedroom or Livingroom, where else do you have a Flat Panel TV? (Pics are optional but would be great if you have.

Its not likely, but prob uncommon for someone to have a TV in there kitchen. Here is a Flat Panel TV I put up in my Kitchen....The wifey was mad that I did this without telling her, but now she loves it cause she can watch her TV shows and cook at the same time. Thats a WIN WIN if you ask me.

IMG2011091800273-vi.jpg
Hosted on Fotki

IMG2011092300004-vi.jpg
Hosted on Fotki

Right now just in the usual places, bedrooms, living room, and basement. We used to have a little one in the kitchen, but took it out. I've always wanted to put one in the bathroom.

I've installed a few in bathrooms. The coolest setup was I front of their whirlpool tub it was a 47" plasma and they had an onkyo surround.

I only have 1 at my house in the living room. The other tvs haven't died yet.

Just finished remodeling my bedroom. 42" Toshiba LCD

2012-03-02_13-30-15_883.jpg

2012-03-02_13-30-41_663.jpg

2012-03-02_13-31-14_836.jpg

No visible wiring

I install Home Theater and have put TV's in many places. The kitchen is actually more common than one might think. Patio TV's (especially here in North Texas) is extremely popular along with the whole outdoor kitchen thing. Garage TV also quite common. Some unusual places? A swimming pool cave, bathrooms (some behind one way mirrors), and even a few closets (REALLY big ones with dressing areas. As for my own house: Family room, master, living and garage.

Just finished remodeling my bedroom. 42" Toshiba LCD

2012-03-02_13-30-15_883.jpg

2012-03-02_13-30-41_663.jpg

2012-03-02_13-31-14_836.jpg

No visible wiring

That room is nice and the wood is sick as hell. There was a TV in that pic?LOL Nice setup.

I install Home Theater and have put TV's in many places. The kitchen is actually more common than one might think. Patio TV's (especially here in North Texas) is extremely popular along with the whole outdoor kitchen thing. Garage TV also quite common. Some unusual places? A swimming pool cave, bathrooms (some behind one way mirrors), and even a few closets (REALLY big ones with dressing areas. As for my own house: Family room, master, living and garage.

Who requests the TV's in the kitchen, men or women? LOL
In Texas they prob get better weather then us here in NY. I making my backyard TV a quick release so I can bring it in weather permitting.
I can't wait, All parts ordered last week. SHould be here no later then the weeks end.

Ran the wire for my backyard TV yesterday.
Just need to install the mount but that may have to wait til the weekend.
Next TV....running out of rooms, HAHA.

Who requests the TV's in the kitchen, men or women? LOL
In Texas they prob get better weather then us here in NY. I making my backyard TV a quick release so I can bring it in weather permitting.
I can't wait, All parts ordered last week. SHould be here no later then the weeks end.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Texas weather is better than NY for outdoor tv's. But the humidity is high and does get to the sets after a few years or so. But that doesn't stop people from buying them. I usually recommend to my customers to buy cheap and replace often. Outdoor TV viewing usually is not critical with regards to picture quality.

I've got a Hisense(HHGregg) 40" 1080P 60Hz LCD in my office/mancave. Its not the best and has some motion blue when I play MW3 but for $300 and then $15 for the wall mount in not complaining and extremely satisfied.

Back