First they sold off the Hot Rods...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy a couple of them if Christmas wasn't sneaking up on us.

I feel like those cars are in a tough spot in the market, in the day and age of the $200 RTR Vendetta.

Not fast enough to blow your mind, not cheap enough for a "what the heck".

(Bet they're fun, though!)

traxxas didnt hit the mark with these. first they make the wheelbase and width too big for other bodies, but too small for 1/8th bodies, then, they add clipless bodymounts (i mean, they are cool) so no one can else can make bodies for them. and for 300$ (now 250$) you dont get a whole lot. cool cars, just not 300$ cool.

I feel like those cars are in a tough spot in the market, in the day and age of the $200 RTR Vendetta.

Not fast enough to blow your mind, not cheap enough for a "what the heck".

(Bet they're fun, though!)

I think @luke66 is right. The Vendetta was put on a firesale then discontinued once supplies ran out. Both were Covid cash grabs imho. And the Vendeta was fugly, I would gladly pay extra to not have to look at that hideousness.

Ouch, @Slick2500… tell me how you really feel!

Surely you’re just talking about the green one… right? (I got the blue one. I think that the blue one is gorgeous, and that the green one looks terrible.)

I’m messing around, though; I suppose that they can’t be for everyone. I just can’t believe that I got a big giant pavement cannon for less than the price of a good ESC for 1/10 offroad; and as rarely as I run it, I expect to have it for a good long while. Serious question - have you driven one, or anything like it? I thought that “speed bashing” was really dumb until I tried it out.

I agree with @luke66 too - I feel like the “clip-on bodies” are going to come back to haunt them. Even if cost were no object, or even if they were cheap - they’re supply-chain limited. I can throw any old MT body on my Stampede, and the body takes the most abuse. My prediction is that more people are going to be precious with their clip-on-bodied Traxxas trucks than they should be, because the bodies are hard and expensive to come by - which means that they’re going to break fewer parts. Ultimately, it might turn out to have been a bad move from a business perspective; only time will tell.

but...... i like my green vendetta, its beautiful!
Y'know there's only one way to settle this once and for all, right?

We gotta race 'em. Victory is the truest and most brilliant beauty of all.

(If you've done anything to yours, it's faster than mine... mine is box stock!)

70mph into a light pole...... I beg to differ. 🤣

As for the size difference, they have a 2.0 and 3.0. One I believe fits the standard 190/200mm bodies. According to reddit, the mst body fits the 2.0.

https://www.rc-mst.com/product_info.php?class_sn=20&class_sn2=112&sn=3631
The Hot Rods and 'vettes are both built on their longer 3.0 chassis.
but...... i like my green vendetta, its beautiful!
I have a green one as well, the blue one was just too.... too..... blah!
:happy:

OK. Been watching this and I can tell you that when your buying Traxxas, your getting a car that's made in Taiwan, and is made out of high quality materials, while Arrma is made in China, and (from my experience) uses brittle plastic.

arrma seems good to me. my detta has taken some major tumbles (for an on-road) arrma definitely does their bodies tougher. the rest of the car? its just a "meh" kinda quality. i had a typhon 3s a year ago, NOTHING but problems with it. traxxas does seem tough, i dont think they are made in taiwan tho...

but the detta comes with a 3S. monster power. I'm pretty sure i could hit 100 with this bad boy.

1697684822037.png

Not my chassis, but still the same one. Zoom in on the warranty code, under it says where it's made.