First plane and already I screwed up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdenni

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the E-flight Apprentice today and started to assemble the rudder and rear stabilizer, I pushed the rudder through the 2 holes in the stabilizer and proceeded to screw the 2 screw in from the bottom. I got the front screw in but the rear screw wouldn’t bring the stabilizer flush with the fuselage.
I caught hell trying to find a screw driver small enough to insert it into the small hole in the bottom but managed to find one but I think the screw head got stripped and now I can’t get it out.
What can I do to fix this screw up I did?

The plane is fixed. I took it to the HS I bought it from and they found the plastic mount on the bottom of the rudder was put on backwards from the factory. They were able to remove it without damage and reattached it and then installed it on the fuselage using #2 hex screws instead of the Phillips screws that came with the kit.

Thank you, I was beginning to think I screwed it up but the rc tech assured me it was a screw up from the factory.
I still have a ways to go finishing it but I’m taking my time.

Back