First "duh" moment of the season

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessF

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought a used XXL off a dude over the winter, and a used Losi 454 off another dude.

I dropped the g/f off at the mall then went to a local park to see if I could get this thing started.

Got it started and ran it around for a bit and noticed a bit of bog on the high end so i brought it in for a tune. Truck dies as it's roling up. No biggie, just start it back up - well no such luck. I ended up draining the battery in the starting wand. Ok, go pick up the g/f and go home. I give the wand battery a charge and head back out.

As a general rule of thumb I keep a compressible orange foam work safety ear plug in the stinger to keep oil from dripping when i transport from place to place. Well, i go to the park with my gallon of fuel, glow igniter and starter, go to start the engine and I get nothing. Check the needles, check the plug, check the igniter, check the carb gap, check check check. Took a few more tries before I realised the plug was still in the stinger. With a forehead slapping snicker at my own stupidity I remove the orange plug only to see almost the entire pipe had filled with fuel, almost hydro locked the engine.

engine wouldn't start after that, so i went home to grab the baja.

the end.

Last edited:
HaHa! :hehe: We all have those moments, but usually not this early in the season! :hehe: At least you got the baja.

Maybe if you're forgetful like me you can print up a checklist for before and after run to help prevent those D'oh moments. It didn't help me. I forgot the list.

well thats you mistake for the year. i have all ready made mine.

Man

Big oops

how could you not notice the noise difference with the pipe being plugged?
Should have been a big red flag right off the bat.

like you i also got mine out of the way early. heres to no more duh moments anytime soon :cheers:

Maybe if you're forgetful like me you can print up a checklist for before and after run to help prevent those D'oh moments. It didn't help me. I forgot the list.

Haha, I would something exactly like this...Or like driving 15 minutes with all my gear and to only get to the park and realize I forgot my fuel and only had what was in my filler bottle.

How bout getting to the park and realizing that I left my truck sitting in my room. HAHA yeah that happened....