Fioroni or Hardcore Racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maskale

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I wanted to get some upgrades for my K3, but I dont know what is better the Fioroni stuff that is made out of aluminum and is 6mm thick (shock towers) or Hardcore Racing that is 3mm thick and made out of Ti. Which is lighter and stronger 6mm Aluminum or 3mm Ti. And where would be the best plact to get Fioroni I can't seem to find a US web site for them, I have found other sites that sell Fioroni but not a actual Fioroni site. Also I would like to get the Storm Traction center diff. is it worth the $200. So whats best for the money, and performance.

Thanks.

Oh, I just saw that Fioroni has a solid center diff. how well do those work.

Last edited:
Depends on what you're planning on upgrading. For shock towers, I like Titanium. For chassis, I lean towards aluminum.

Fioroni makes very high quality stuff, and the hardcore racing stuff is machined very precisely. Both are good hopup firms and you probably won't be dissapointed with either one.

The Torsen diffs are debatable. For me, $200 is way too much for a diff replacement. Some people love them, some people had them and then sold them because they couldn't get used to the way the car handled differenty.

You may be able to call GS Racing, US division, to buy Fioroni. I believe they sell Fioroni and Medial Pro direct to customers. They do not sell GS Racing parts direct, unfortunately.

This place, in florida I think, seems to have a lot of Fioroni stuff. (They have over 430 Fioroni parts available.)

http://www.southeastrc.com

Both brands are good.. I like aluminum myself, but if you want weight and strength then go with the Ti..

This place is where I get my Fioroni parts..1/8 SCALE FIORONI PARTS

Also look at Racers Edge parts.. They make a lot of good stuff for the Kyosho and the Mugen.. SEE RACERS EDGE HERE

Hope this helps..

You're generally wasting your time, and more importantly your money with the aftermarket diffs (any) so if it was me i'd just skip them.

I think HCR parts are overpriced for what they are, and Fioroni on the other hand seems quite nice if you don't mind the price.

www.fioroni.com is the official site for fioroni

I thought i'd just plug a friend here, he makes some very nice CNC kanai parts at very reasonable prices, if you're interested.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...d=mmurray70&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

there's some pics of my bug with his stuff on it here:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18759

i run all the racers edge parts on my car.. you can get the complete kit for less than 300.. that all towers.. chassis braces.. everything.. tow blocks.. anti squat blocks.. go to www.kinetixrc.com go to the contact page.. and email.. or call Ron.. and he can give you a good price..

Thanks guys for all the imput I have been looking at parts on the web for the past 2 hours just to see whats out there and who has what. Then I ran a search here at RCNT and came across RCatl and his K3 looks really sweet so I think I am going to go with the Fioroni stuff and then send the bill to RCatl. Cause it it were not for his pics. I might have gone with something cheaper.:)

Back