finishing the break in of my new slayer today !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NolzWin

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
wassup guys , i got the first two tanks ran through yesterday before it started pouring rain . try to finish the break in today . i am impressed even in this early stage it wants to pull the front tires off the ground at half throttle. lower 50's isn't too cold for proper break in is it ? anyone else here have a slayer ?

as long as it is getting up to temp all is good. what method are you using? btw let us know what you think of the rig.

i'm going by the instructions on the tank . it worked on my jato and revo untill i messed with the carb too much on the revo and cooked it :(. so now i got a slayer . 1 tank 1/4 throttle hold for 2 seconds stop , repeat . cool 15 minutes. 2nd tank 1/2 throttle hold 2 seconds stop , repeat. cool 15 minutes first two tanks body off . now on the last three tanks body on and no cool down between tanks .tank 3, 1/2 throttle hold for 3 seconds stop repeat ,adjust idle if necessary. tank 4 full throttle 3 seconds stop repeat (don't allow it to shift into second). last tank , tank 5 accelerate to full throttle over three seconds and hold full throttle for two seconds. and i like what i see so far . i ordered a 3.3 to convert my 2.5 jato.that thing is a blast to drive:D

I did all the above minus the wide open throttle part.. IMO thats a litte much.. i just drove it easy.. then it was on. BTW it is way fast.. almost too fast

yeah I almost converted my Revo but instead went the bash worthy route and added a cage and internal strengthening...

well, i finished the break in. running wide open in second gear on pavement is scary i flipped it 4-5 times ,no damage just a few scratches lol ,wish i had the camcorder going.the truck is faaaast.now i gotta get ready for this weekend i 'm gonna race on of my buddies that has a revo 3.3 .BTW i have seen this radar gun made by "hot wheels" i wonder if it would work for R/C 's,or do you guy's have a better radargun ?

add the sway bars ASAP.. U wont regret it...

well, i finished the break in. running wide open in second gear on pavement is scary i flipped it 4-5 times ,no damage just a few scratches lol ,wish i had the camcorder going.the truck is faaaast.now i gotta get ready for this weekend i 'm gonna race on of my buddies that has a revo 3.3 .BTW i have seen this radar gun made by "hot wheels" i wonder if it would work for R/C 's,or do you guy's have a better radargun ?

I've got one.. they are so-so.. work ok..

ill sell it to you if you want it

does the radargun work for R/C's ? if so how much ? and yes i had to order the swaybar kit ,and the red ring beadlock wheel tire combo, DAMMIT MAN!

Back