Find a motor for a truck

• Thread starter MasterChef11732
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterChef11732

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I everyone!

I want a motor that as a big traction power and that can go fast. It’s for a truck that going to track a big lowboy of 7kg.

Can you help me to find one please?
Tanks

you're not going to be able to tow a 7KG load and also go fast. You can haul a 7KG load and then change pinions and go fast without the load though. Would help to know the scale as Tunedpipe mentioned. You can look around at TPPowerusa.com. You should be able to find some big motors there.

Unfortunately $60 isn't going to get you very far.
I would check out some RC truck pulling videos to get ideas of what you are looking for.
That's a serious amount of weight for a 1/10 scale I would think.

I would go tekin or castle. I never used tekin, but heard good about them. I have a castle copperhead 2080kv. I use it in my axial scx10 ii. I also pull 30-40 IBS with it, all with no cogging buttery smooth starts.

Be warned, the price of this system is around 300.

If you want to use cheaper electronics, I would look into a different tranny or gear reduction boxes to help some. Maybe even a 2 speed would help.

You're likely going to have to step up to a 1:8 scale motor I would think.

Just send me some motor so I can take one

Hes not asking for an ESC or a combo, hes only asking for a motor. There is no 1/10 scale motor that I am aware of thats going to power a 1/10 scale RC and pull a 15.4lb load. Even if you managed to find one that would do that without overheating its going to be geared so low that its going to make the kit slow as hell which the OP also said he wants something fast. Add to that a budget of $60 and you're literally looking for a unicorn.

Back