Finally in the 1/8 buggy group! (dial up warning, pics)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys!

Just bought a buggy off fisherman. Not a $700 racer, but a 1/8 buggy none-the-less. It's cool to me. And it was only $100 shipped! Not sure if that's good or bad, but it seems good to me. Only issues are worn tires.

HB Lightning

Here's a few pics of it before I throw an engine and some electronics in it:
2005-0318-HBBuggyBody.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyBody02.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyBottom.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyFront.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyRear01.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyRear02.JPG

2005-0318-HBBuggyReceiver.JPG

Nice Mill,
I dont recognize the servos your using. :p:

Its about time, Get that thing up and running so you know what real fun is.

Yep, that's a buggy, alright. Enjoy!!!

They are like that invisible fuel tank that was posted here awhile back.

Nothing but the best BABY!!!

Actually, I'm going to use my Omega 21 Comp that I was using in my savage. I'm currently murdering an almost dead OS 21 RG in the savage right now.
I have a hitec 645MG for steering and a Futaba S3305 (metal geared high torque) for throttle/brake. I'll be using my airtronics MX-3 to run it.
I'll post pics once I get all the stuff installed... I neglected to clean the engine before I put it away, so it's filthy. I did use ARO though, just didn't clean the outside.

All I have for a header/pipe though are a stock header/pipe for the savage and my old XTM 21 conversion pipe/header from when I had my maxx. Although, I think there may be some bad juju with the t-maxx stuff...

Olds your going to love the buggy.. I have a hard time running my trucks with the buggy sitting there. do your self a favor and get your self a starter box when you pick your self up a ws711 or a vspec. :)

ZANDOR said:
do your self a favor and get your self a starter box when you pick your self up a ws711 or a vspec. :)

I still love you Zandor! :D
I just havent picked on you yet tonight so I thought I would start.

FastEddy said:
I still love you Zandor! :D
I just havent picked on you yet tonight so I thought I would start.

So you have to say to your self so you ask your self why did I post this while you are sitting there by your self. :shrug: I just wish I were not here by my self

Hey My dog got his balls chopped off today..Sad day!
He is still a little stoned.. so I had go in the same direction he is :)

lmao you chopped off your balls!!!!! LOL :jk:

Last edited:
i got a dynamite pipe and a set of cellblocks ill sell ya

have fun with it, id recommend getting a front chassis brace for it though, it will help with durability.

Thats a nice looking buggy Olds, and for that price you did real well. You will love the buggy, they are a blast. I need to get mine back together soon, I have been so busy playing with the monster beetle that the buggy has been neglected.

CorradoPsi said:
have fun with it, id recommend getting a front chassis brace for it though, it will help with durability.

DO you have a link? I thought it was wierd that there's one on the rear, but none on the front.

Brian, Get ready to bring that buggy......... :devious:

Last edited:
Hey... this reminds me of a buggy I once knew of.... :rolleyes:

Buggyracer28 said:
Hey... this reminds me of a buggy I once knew of.... :rolleyes:

I hope it doesn't run backwards when I fire it up ;)

CorradoPsi said:
front brace here

rear brace here

full CNC aluminum are the strongest, though your rear one will last until it starts to pop off the ball link on a regular basis.
Thanks for the links. I thumbed through the manual and found them too. There's a ball link one for the front that's like the stock rear on in the manual as well.

Last edited:
Congrates on the buggy olds! When are you going to fire it up. I give it three months, and you'll be ready to spend the $$$ on a bad a$$ engine. Good luck!

Back