Finally came in!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupofjoe5

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Vkar racing bison after 2 months it came. It is absolutely awesome. Cut the headlight wires and broke a lil piece that goes to the wheel. Easy fix tho. It's super fast, handles well, and is just fun to drive. It flys with the 3s lipo. Id like tovget a 4s. Now i need upgrades which I've heard is hard to find woth this model.

Attachments

• 20170309_100733.jpg
    20170309_100733.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 149
Is it ok to run a 4s lipo instead of my 3s? I've heard it can get too hot and cook the electronics. But id like faster... even though it goes too fast already lol.

Yes you can run 4S on the Bison. Did you get the 120A Hobbywing ESC version or the 80A version?

I run 2 x 2S Lipo in series for 4S and it RIPS. Mine claims the 120A ESC.
However I did throw a fan and heatsink on the motor because it was getting a little hot.

Yes you can run 4S on the Bison. Did you get the 120A Hobbywing ESC version or the 80A version?

I run 2 x 2S Lipo in series for 4S and it RIPS. Mine claims the 120A ESC.
However I did throw a fan and heatsink on the motor because it was getting a little hot.
How can you tell? Mines a 80 which is thenlesser version i believe? It says 4 pole 3660 - 2500 kv

How can you tell? Mines a 80 which is thenlesser version i believe? It says 4 pole 3660 - 2500 kv
Also, i ordered a 4s floureon lipo. The dam charger inuse for the 3s of course thr 4s can't charge off it. Eek

Invest in a proper charger. The one that comes with the truck only charges through the balance lead.

It will say on the box if it is 80A or 120A. Otherwise check the label on the ESC, it should display 2-4S Lipo like mine.

Edit, attached is a picture of my 120A ESC which runs 4S fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20170319_110741.jpg
    IMG_20170319_110741.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Invest in a proper charger. The one that comes with the truck only charges through the balance lead.

It will say on the box if it is 80A or 120A. Otherwise check the label on the ESC, it should display 2-4S Lipo like mine.

Edit, attached is a picture of my 120A ESC which runs 4S fine.
It doesn't say on mine, looked all over. Attaching pic + a pic of part i broke lol

Or i guess ill post pics tomorrow bc my phones being a jerk.

Last edited:
So here's a pic of showing where it doesn't show if it' 3s or 4s. The other pic is where i broke a piece, there's like 3 holes and one broke off.

Attachments

• 20170318_202618.jpg
    20170318_202618.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 20170318_202643.jpg
    20170318_202643.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 163
Yup get used to fixing it, I cracked my chassis pretty well.

80A ESC you have there. I would stick to 3S, unless you you want to give it a bash!

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted! I have never actually ordered from outside the U.S. for fear of your experience.
You may have to pull the fan or the whole esc to figure out which one you have it it's not listed in the manual somewhere but I would Def make sure of what equipment you've got before you have bbq'd bison!

Yup get used to fixing it, I cracked my chassis pretty well.

80A ESC you have there. I would stick to 3S, unless you you want to give it a bash!
Thx. Yeah ill give the 4s a test run, probably run 3s mostly though.

Glad you got it sorted! I have never actually ordered from outside the U.S. for fear of your experience.
You may have to pull the fan or the whole esc to figure out which one you have it it's not listed in the manual somewhere but I would Def make sure of what equipment you've got before you have bbq'd bison!
Yeah it was stressful lol. Def don't wanna burn it up!

I am not familiar directly with the esc in your rig but with 80a, a 4S (if it could handle it) would essentially lower the size motor it could handle. Something like a nice tekin with 4S capability will allow for a scary powerful motor. I'm sure it would be able to cover anything (within reason) that you would ever want to run in that truck.

Back