Fast Help please, clutch nut/crank?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys, just got my lrp z28r motor and went to put the m2c clutch nut on. and its threaded, well at least i hope it has. team associated are closed atm and i live in australia. here is a photo. I'm pretty sure the crank thread looks fine and the nut is threaded but testing it on a trx3.3 crank it threads on fine and so does the factory one. but the factory trx nut fits loose over the lrp thread. the m2c nut has play and wont tighten.

just hoping that the thread are 2 different sizes and that the nut is actually threaded. going to a hobby shop soon to try confirm one of the other.

9557e083.jpg

ok so i think i got it sorted, i got a nut for another flywheel but grinded it down to fit the same. iv had to space out the flywheel as the shaft wouldnt alow me to put it any further back as the nut would of tightened before it touched the flywheel. iv also spaced out after the cb. is this the correct way to do it? otherwise how else should i do it? larger cb/clutch?

9d2209d5.jpg

88bfcf33.jpg

6115ade1.jpg

That's a LOT of shims on your clutch bell bolt. You probably want to find a short one there ;-)

A short one of what? The crank is that long. I think that it's that long so you can use a longer clutch bell (more surface area) but since I'm using the stock size it's a bit short

I read Snookman advise to cut crank length down before.

Is this something you could do?

umm, cutting crank down is stupid, at $80+ i dont think i will be doing that. shimming does a well enough job. i had a look today at a larger one that are about twice the clutch depth which would make up the rest of the room. but i dont want to fork out more $$$ for a new larger clutch setup/

umm, cutting crank down is stupid, at $80+ i dont think i will be doing that. shimming does a well enough job. i had a look today at a larger one that are about twice the clutch depth which would make up the rest of the room. but i dont want to fork out more $$$ for a new larger clutch setup/

Fair does. I understand your concern.

umm, cutting crank down is stupid

Lots of people cut cranks to adapt engines for a particular situation/install, nothing stupid about it.
Your issue is your mounting a 10th scale clutch to a BB engine. Shimming will work fine as long as you have clearance between the end of the crank and the transmission, but that engine will wear that clutch in very short time with any rc weighing around 10 or more lbs.
The smart choice would be to install an 1/8th scale clutch system.

I prob will when this one craps it. Hence y I'm not going to Be cutting anything.

Back