F Dog Bone Hubs!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazzyRazz

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
First upgrade anyone should do if they have dog bone is to get the 12mm hex!!!! This was from only 3 charges of 1500mAh 3S batteries and me driving like an old man….
5B478624-B00A-4E6A-97E9-FE176FE063DA.jpeg

You can always count on Axial to make stupid design choices...

Exactly, I didnt realize how weak they were though. Upgraded to 12mm hex now and some Showdown wheel/tire combo off market place for cheap. $50 CDN for 4 un opened

Something isn't right there... old school race rigs, stadium trucks, buggies, etc all ran the same style of wheel hub as you had fail, without significant issue, and those are driven WAY harder than any crawler. I'd be tempted to say you didn't have the wheels tightened all the way on without realizing it.

Something isn't right there... old school race rigs, stadium trucks, buggies, etc all ran the same style of wheel hub as you had fail, without significant issue, and those are driven WAY harder than any crawler. I'd be tempted to say you didn't have the wheels tightened all the way on without realizing it.
I thought the same but they were on there correctly.

You underestimate the amount of torque available with as much reduction as available in a crawler. If the wheel gets stuck, even a weak brushed motor has enough torque to break something.

I'm having issues with the Dog Bones on a mini 8ight t, they keep popping out the hubs, any suggestions? Every time I turn at high speeds they pop out.

Back