F-18 edf

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b-rian

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys! I bought a micro F-18 arf with very poor instructions.It is a 3 chnl setup with a servo on the left that is linked to the aileron and the left elevator and vice-versa on the right.There is no control of the stabilizers.Should the left control surfaces work in the same direction i.e. both up,plane goes left,all 4 up,plane goes up?If so,i should be able to program dx6i for a delta wing type setup?Thanks in advance.

If you have a computer controller it should be programmed for the delta wing. If you do not, there is a splitter with a built in mixer that needs to be added.
Properly programmed, right stick should raise the left aileron and lower the right. Stick back to you should raise them both.
No matter what inputs you are giving it, both ailerons should work together all the time.

I get that part,but the left elevator and left aileron are on a single servo and same thing on the right.should the elevator on the left go up when the aileron on the left goes up?thanks again.

I'm not getting that part. You'll need to provide a link to that plane.
If you have elevators, they should run on one servo for up and down. The ailerons should run on another servo for right and left.
In other words, the elevators should work the same and the ailerons should work opposite of each other. One up, the other down.

I get that part,but the left elevator and left aileron are on a single servo and same thing on the right.should the elevator on the left go up when the aileron on the left goes up?thanks again.

That's why I need a link to that model. To have 2 control surfaces on the same wing, working together in the same direction, serves no purpose. I'm thinking you have your control rods wrong.
I need to see a link.

---------- Post added at 7:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:52 PM ----------

Is this it? If it is, it would have the elevator on the tail, one servo, and the ailerons on the wings, the other servo.
This is not a delta setup.

VEN6865-2.jpg

that looks like what i got.Its by Skyangel hummingbird series.I dont have a link for you.There are two servos mounted externally on the fuselage towards the rear between the wing and elevator. one on the left and one on the right.There is no mechanical connection between left and right.In my instructions they show a two horned servo arm witch would make left aileron up,left elevator down.But,on the model the servo arms are only a single horn.

Back