Ez start wand battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyice

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Seems that that 1800 battery that comes with the ez start will fire my truck up a couple times no prob then seems to be working but my truck will struggle to start like it's out of tune. pretty sure the battery is too weak anyone know of a battery I can put in that thing that I can get at my local hobby shop that would be strong 💪 ? I've bought atleast 5 of those stupid 1800 traxxas batteries. I want to get a better battery for the wand, Then I'm going to disconnect the Ignition Wire and I'm going to use my horizon hobby lipo glow plug igniter. I have the dynomite .19 march It seems to have a lot of compression Maybe that's why it eats up that little battery?? 🤔 I don't know lol Any thoughts would would be welcome hope everyone is having a good morning 😊

20230207_183158.jpg

Any 6 cell NiMH flat pack with the same connector will work. Traxxas has bigger ones with more capacity than that.

It doesn't sound like you have a battery issue, probably your engine is really out of tune.

Seems that that 1800 battery that comes with the ez start will fire my truck up a couple times no prob then seems to be working but my truck will struggle to start like it's out of tune. pretty sure the battery is too weak anyone know of a battery I can put in that thing that I can get at my local hobby shop that would be strong 💪 ? I've bought atleast 5 of those stupid 1800 traxxas batteries. I want to get a better battery for the wand, Then I'm going to disconnect the Ignition Wire and I'm going to use my horizon hobby lipo glow plug igniter. I have the dynomite .19 march It seems to have a lot of compression Maybe that's why it eats up that little battery?? 🤔 I don't know lol Any thoughts would would be welcome hope everyone is having a good morning 😊

View attachment 160444
My suggestion is to get rid of the Ez start. Get your self a pull start. That easy the first thing I pulled off my traxxas tmaxx 2.5. When I first got it back when it came out in 98. Plus you got to carry more stuff with you in the feild. With a pull start you will only need your glow starter.

If you are going to use a separate glow starter anyway, I would just loosen the glow plug a little bit to make it turn easier, then once the engine has started, you can tighten it again. As I said, you probably don't have it tune right. It usually only need one good turn to start an engine. If the engine is warm, then it should be easy to start.

It doesn't sound like you have a battery issue, probably your engine is really out

If you are going to use a separate glow starter anyway, I would just loosen the glow plug a little bit to make it turn easier, then once the engine has started, you can tighten it again. As I said, you probably don't have it tune right. It usually only need one good turn to start an engine. If the engine is warm, then it should be easy to start.
It had a broken cluch spring and broken a gear in the ez start. Running and idling correctly 👌 😀 thank you for your thoughts on the matter. I appreciate it 😀
And I put a 2s lipo in the ez start wand I like it.