EZ start trouble help please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miker25ky

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Revo 3.3 with ez start I charged all of it up and went to start it up and none of the lights on my ez start will light up and when I plug it in the back of the Revo and press the button nothing happens and I'm New to all of this so I realy don't have a clue I messed around with all the wires everything looks good I just ran the truck like 2 day ago any help would be greatly appreciated

Has to be a bad connection from the wand to the harness on the truck. Or where the battery plugs into the wand.

Or the battery in the wand needs to be recharged.

I charged the battery pack in the wond i was thinking maybe the battery pack went bad the wires on the end of it were it plugs in look kinda of ruff but it has been working like that is there some kind of local store I could find a battery pack like radio shack or somewhere P.s thanks the help and quick reply

ez start complete new system from traxxas is $40.00 and is part # 4570. You could just replace the ez start with a pull start which would be cheaper. Or even better you could use a drill to start it. I haven't heard to many good things about ez start. I have one myself on my stampede. Sometimes it can be finicky and you have to make sure the controller is in the four prongs tightly and making a good connection. Otherwise check for loose wires or broken wires.

I believe it takes up to 4 hours to charge the battery pack. You can test it by pushing the button on the ez start wand once the battery is in it. Atleast one of the lights should light up even though it isn't hooked to the car. If no lights light up your battery is either bad or the start box itself is bad. I believe you would be able to get a replacement battery from radio shack or a good hobby shop nearby. Traxxas doesn't seem to see batteries for it according to my owners manual. Also something else you could check out is to make sure that both the red and black wires are hooked to the little tabs and that the tabs are in the plastic housing in which the charger would plug in. My battery ground wire is loose and falls out of the housing sometimes so it doesn't make a good connection with the charger or the ez start box.

Before you buy the new part, (as a last resort) you could try pulling the ez start components apart looking for errors, broken wires, missing parts, a mouse stuck in the way of the motor, etc.

Or end the headache now, and get a plug warmer and pull start. The ez start is crap