External balance boards for my charger (SkyRC t200)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I have 2 old external balance boards from my old Onyx dual charger. They work but dont work with my new charger. When I plug it in to the charger and battery the voltages are all over the place. Also when I put the battery in the 2s slot (which i am running 2s batteries) It is reading it at like a 4s or 6s battery. I think it is because the wire going to the charger is only 4 prongs instead of 7 prongs.

PXL_20221024_013613052.jpg

PXL_20221024_013647442.jpg

20220722_124314.jpg

Also I am looking for external boards so I can be a little more safe and use my lipo safety pouch. Planning to get these charging pouches and for storing I am planning to get this Zeee safe bag

Last edited:
The balance port on your charger is designed to use any balance plug. If it were not, it would only have two notches in the plug housing to accept a 6s plug. Yours has notches for every connector.

You need to make sure that the red wire of your balance board connectors is lined up with the 3 on your plugin on your charger.

I have 2 old external balance boards from my old Onyx dual charger. They work but dont work with my new charger. When I plug it in to the charger and battery the voltages are all over the place. Also when I put the battery in the 2s slot (which i am running 2s batteries) It is reading it at like a 4s or 6s battery. I think it is because the wire going to the charger is only 4 prongs instead of 7 prongs.

View attachment 154688

View attachment 154689

View attachment 154690
Also I am looking for external boards so I can be a little more safe and use my lipo safety pouch. Planning to get these charging pouches and for storing I am planning to get this Zeee safe bag
Your current charger uses a JST-XH connector and your old balance boards from your Onyx charger uses a JST-EH connector. EH connectors (also known as Polyquest or Hyperion connectors) are wired a bit differently than XH connectors which is why your current charger is getting the erroneous readings that its getting when you're plug a lipo in to it. That being said they are both 2.5mm pitch connectors so you can plug one in to the other but they are not compatible. What you need is something like THIS.

Yep just got the boards and pouches just to stay a little bit safer. My uncle was talking to me about all the lipo fires that happened when he was racing. And also my next local track requires them.

Back