exhaust pipe question ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi guys I'm looking to get a better exhaust

i was looking at the HPI ribbed exhaust

i heard it has better performance and is noisier ( i want noisier )

would it work OK with a .21 sized engine

I'm looking for something that will work with my ansmann AR .21 ( i dont have the cash to get an expensive one )

Edit

forgot to mention it needs to be a right side bleed pipe as its for my tomahawk ST

Last edited:
Get an ERCM pipe if you can afford one otherwise look at an OFNA JP pipe.

Yes the HPI ribbed is an "OK" pipe but honestly I never liked them. They are just annoying sounding. They have a nails on the chalkboard sound to me anyway. As Greywolf said for just a little more I would go with an Ofna JP series pipe. A JP-2 is good for buggy engines since it is a top-end pipe. I would hit up Ebay, I have picked them up pretty cheap before. The ERCM mods pipe are the "best" but do no come cheap. When you are ready to step up to the higher price range that would be my choice.

Yes the HPI ribbed is an "OK" pipe but honestly I never liked them. They are just annoying sounding. They have a nails on the chalkboard sound to me anyway. As Greywolf said for just a little more I would go with an Ofna JP series pipe. A JP-2 is good for buggy engines since it is a top-end pipe. I would hit up Ebay, I have picked them up pretty cheap before. The ERCM mods pipe are the "best" but do no come cheap. When you are ready to step up to the higher price range that would be my choice.

as its for my tomahawk ST i dont need the top end it hits max speed at about half throttle with the .21 in it i need more low end

The JP-1 was a low end pipe with a lot of grunt, the JP-3 was a mid range pipe and the JP-4 was a.....um.... supposedly an all around pipe. Works well with smaller engines like the .26-.21.

THS makes a good pipe...just a hair cheaper then JP pipes. both are great pipes

could i use a 1/10 .18 exhaust for a .21 engine & if so what could the impact be

also i found this exhaust ( fully adjustable ) its a 1/8
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/51908P-1-8-Scale-RC-Model-Alloy-Pink-Adjustable-Exhaust-Pipe-Muffler-Two-Chamber-/330829208573?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4d06f51bfd&_uhb=1

and this is the 1/10 version thats a few ££ cheaper
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/51911P-1-10-Scale-RC-Alloy-Pink-Adjustable-Exhaust-Pipe-Muffler-Two-Chamber-/360512217993?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item53f033e389&_uhb=1

yes i know there pink my tomahawk is red & pink

I was wondering where i can find a dual exhaust setup for my nitro car?

This is an old thread. Might be worth starting a new one.

RD Logics used to make dual outlet exhausts for various vehicles. They weren't very good... but they had duals.