Exhaust extension on T maxx ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadfingers

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently put a cage on my tmaxx, so I now have a way to secure an exhaust extension tube out the back, to keep the gas residue from collecting all over the truck and making it harder to clean. Will doing this, create to much back presure, hurt the performance or damage the engine?

Thanks
LF

Yep.... I have used the one that goes on the Revo before too. Either way is going to work for ya.

I just buy a few feet of rubber automotive 3/8" fuel line. I cut it to the length I need and zip tie it on.....it seems to work wonders for just pennies.

You can use the clear vinyl tubing from Lowes/HomeDepot too.
It's like $4~$5 for 10 foot of it.

Pipe1.jpg

Thanks guys, I found a chrome piece of tubing at the hdw store and bent it with a tubing bender and attached it with plastic tubing to the exhaust. I had to mount it high to clear the tires.I am concerned that it may be to long and the steep angle may not let the excess gas out fast enough and build up at the low point in the exhaust. Just don't want to damage the motor.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w450/leadfingers1/165gvrd002.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w450/leadfingers1/165gvrd001.jpg

Last edited:
I could see your unburnt fuel start to gather up in there. I would imagine that as long as you make a point to "dump" it after every use there should be no worries but at the same time theres probably a reason most exhausts go at a downward angle.

Looks cool but I don't think that it being up that high will be good, I would find a way to put it lower

Need to lower it for sure. also need to swap you tires so the tread goes the same way

Yea, I noticed the tires and already changed them, thanks.

Definitely a cool and different look!! Could you reroute it along the side of the bulkhead and have it exit by the cutout on the skidplate/bumper where you have the access to the hingepins?

i would like to hear about an update on this thread. i am closely following.

So i got inspired and spend five dollars at canadian tire, and made my own rear exhaust. I'm more of a function over form so i didnt go too fancy. heres a vid, but the tune on the truck is way off. its M'er F'n cold out so tuning is just not feasible unless i let all of the heat out of the garage or die from nitro fumes lol.

Edit: and i am aware revving on the stand is bad for the engine//truck

[ame]http://youtu.be/rcGqFswJOuU[/ame]

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, hope to this weekend......see how it runs and take some temp readings.I also want to see how much gas is collecting in the low end of the pipe.I still plan to try to lower it. Thanks for the input guys, I will keep you posted.
LF

I see no reason why this would hurt the engine. The worst that can happen is that you have a bit more back pressure.

oh i meant revving on the stand, not the extension. the extension is great! i ran with it later in the day and it adds a dirt-bike ish pipe tone to the truck. awesome.

Glad that i found this thread coz i was thinking the same thing guys... Any updates on ur truck or buggy guys? Are there any noticeable changes in terms of performance, temp, and tuning?

i recon if u made the same thing but in that shinny metal tube it would look pretty sweet. make it look like a dump pipe on a car and have it point down at 45degree angle