More t maxx issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockbender98

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello everyone! So I just put the gas tank rebuild kit on my t maxx, hoping for it to get some of the air out of lines, and I checked everything for leaks while I was at it, anyway I put it all back together and took it out to test, IT WAS RUNNING GREAT! So I was thinking I got the problem fixed, but no, its not that easy, even though there was 95% no air in the lines, it would just keep running worse, and worse the more I drove it. So as you could imagine I was both confused and rather frustrated, I really dont know what to do anymore can someone help me out?

When was the last time you tuned it? If all of fuel tank and fuel lines are new then make sure the fitting at the exhaust pipe hasn't worked its way loose. It could be a bad carb as well.

Hello everyone! So I just put the gas tank rebuild kit on my t maxx, hoping for it to get some of the air out of lines, and I checked everything for leaks while I was at it, anyway I put it all back together and took it out to test, IT WAS RUNNING GREAT! So I was thinking I got the problem fixed, but no, its not that easy, even though there was 95% no air in the lines, it would just keep running worse, and worse the more I drove it. So as you could imagine I was both confused and rather frustrated, I really dont know what to do anymore can someone help me out?
Have you done a compression check when warm? I’m not sure of your reasons for rebuilding the gas tank but it sounds like as it warms up the metal expands and it loses compression and just starts to fall on its face. I have had cars do this before, they would run great for two or three minutes and then as soon as they started getting really hot they would slowly just lose power until they eventually shut off. The gas tank on a Tmax is pretty simple so if you leak checked it the gas tank might just be fine it could be something else maybe.

I'd pull the engine and inspect it for cracks in the crank case. I've done that to many 2.5/2.5R's. They crack where the mounting flange meets the engine. Just a hairline crack that is hard to see unless you clean the engine, then run it, then pull the engine and see oil seeping out of it.