My .19T Mach 2 T-Maxx (former TRX 2.5 T-Maxx)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way it preformed I thought it was a single chamber. I looked last night inside with a led flashlight and I did see holes. 3 on the side and one down the center. They looked rather big for baffles. All I notice when running was it was a lot quieter and the Rpm dropped. I had to re-adjust the idle to keep it running. The pressure to the tank was different to. Less pressure than the stock exhaust. I just switched back and it was fine again. No money lost as they were included in the trucks I bought.

I just brought my T-Maxx back from the dead after 8 or 9 years. I had forgotten why I put it away in the first place and that reason turned out to be a stock 2.5 low compression motor. I tried a couple of half a$$ attempts at re-pinching that did not work so I sold the low compression 2.5 on eBay for $60 and bought a Mach19 from A Main Hobbies for $109 delivered. My eBay buyer was happy with what he got and I didn't have to put out too much out-of-pocket to get my T-Maxx working. I kept my EZ Start because after break in it is so quick and easy to get running there's no reason for me to go to a pull start. It seems a little faster now with the Mach engine...

3/16/2021 Updates

New Fast Eddy bearings in the clutch bell (x2), the steering bell crank (x4), and throttle post (x2).

Sonic-Tronics 3800ma 2.5" Glow Plug Ignitor

3/9/2021 Updates

Alright - since I have gotten back into the hobby, my 2.5 T-Maxx has had a few changes. Yesterday, I installed a brand new Dynamite 19T Mach 2 engine with new Traxxas pull start (going to try this over the EZ-start), a Dynamite air filter, new suitable THS performance exhaust system, and a Dynamite electronic failsafe. Weather in NYC is just starting to warm up and would like to break in the new motor on a nice sunny 70+ degree day (Adam Drake engine break in method).

View attachment 125894

View attachment 125895

Original Post:

Bringing my old 2.5 T-Maxx Back to Life!

Although I think the engine is worn out and needs to be replaced, I am having a lot of fun trying out different things to squeeze out any remaining life. Took it apart and cleaned it pretty good. Using budget minded fixes where needed and testing the results is a lot of fun. Really enjoying the tinkering as much as the driving! Will be updating with what I have done so far. What a great hobby.

View attachment 124595

-EMH
You wouldn't happen to know the stock number on that THS exhaust system

3/16/2021 Updates

New Fast Eddy bearings in the clutch bell (x2), the steering bell crank (x4), and throttle post (x2).

Sonic-Tronics 3800ma 2.5" Glow Plug Ignitor

3/9/2021 Updates

Alright - since I have gotten back into the hobby, my 2.5 T-Maxx has had a few changes. Yesterday, I installed a brand new Dynamite 19T Mach 2 engine with new Traxxas pull start (going to try this over the EZ-start), a Dynamite air filter, new suitable THS performance exhaust system, and a Dynamite electronic failsafe. Weather in NYC is just starting to warm up and would like to break in the new motor on a nice sunny 70+ degree day (Adam Drake engine break in method).

View attachment 125894

View attachment 125895

Original Post:

Bringing my old 2.5 T-Maxx Back to Life!

Although I think the engine is worn out and needs to be replaced, I am having a lot of fun trying out different things to squeeze out any remaining life. Took it apart and cleaned it pretty good. Using budget minded fixes where needed and testing the results is a lot of fun. Really enjoying the tinkering as much as the driving! Will be updating with what I have done so far. What a great hobby.

View attachment 124595

-EMH
Hi is there any way you can tell me what the stock number on that exhaust manifold fold and pipe t h s please