Evx-2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudSlinger33

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have run my new E Maxx about five times out in the snow and now when ever the esc gets cold, it refuses to go into reverse. But i when i bring it inside to warm up a bit, it works fine. The whole truck is water proof so that shouldn't be the issue. Is there any thing i can do about this or should i send it back to traxxas?

Ask Traxxas, they have a 30 day electronics warranty so i would sujest use it and get a new one or see what traxxas says. Their pretty good to me about that stuff. But congrats on the maxx their great trucks, I just did a brushless conversion on my emaxx, and got rid of the twin titans.

I would love to go brushless but i dont want to lose the water proof quality's. :hehe:

You dont have to! i did the vxl system on my e-maxx but did 2 brushless motors from traxxas so mine is still waterproof! Or you get the mamba monster and plasti dip ur esc and its waterproof!

So did you have to use two esc's then? I might have to consider that once i get some more money! But I got the evx2 to work, I dont know if it was a glitch but i re-calibrated the esc and set the radio to the default settings and now it works. But if it acts up again then I'm going brushless! :hehe:

You dont have to! i did the vxl system on my e-maxx but did 2 brushless motors from traxxas so mine is still waterproof! Or you get the mamba monster and plasti dip ur esc and its waterproof!
DO NOT PLASTI-DIP AN ESC!!!! Do not follow this advise for any reason. Never ever do this.... you will fry it. That is one hell of a waste of a $200 ESC. We have had a guy that has tried this already on a Savage Flux against all good advise and it burnt.Yes you can use dual Traxxas ESCs to go brushless. It is a bit spendy to go that way but works. I have never heard of an ESC that acts up when cold, that is strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are running 2 bl motors off one vxl esc? And are you high? Don't ever ever ever plasti-dip an esc!!! Ever ever ever.

Yah its 2 motors and 2 esc's And i have never plasti dipped an esc because i use traxxas i just noticed that squirl on youtube had a video of it And his ran fine, but i would agree with you and not do it. I would just say do a twin set up with traxxas stuff and its waterproof.

You can find damn near anything on youtube but it does not mean it is a good idea you are correct. They will run fine until they warm up then you have lost all cooling properties and then you have a fried ESC. I have the Slash 4x4 VLX and a Savage Flux....when it is wet out...it is Slash time.

Yah I agree, Slash 4x4 is awsome i have one. Send me a PM frickenjoey On what your opinion and sujestion is on the flux Iv been thinking about that or that sc10.

I got 2 kershaw design's 700 H.O. and with 2-turnigy 5800 2s packs running my E Maxx and let me tell you it rips and it was cheaper then brushless

Yes cheaper and I had them on my E-Maxx and they were..."ok". Better than stock but still not the power I was looking for. I gave them to my dad for his E-Maxx and traded the truck off and then bought a 4x4 Slash. I discovered the whole E-Maxx was not what I was looking for.

Would a cold reciever have any thing to do with my problem?:\

Last edited:
Back