Etronix pulse controller loses signal with receiver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Rider

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a FTX Carnage NT with an etronix pulse 2 channel 2.4GHZ. Both the controller and reciever pack has charged batteries but occasionally loses signal at top speed causing the car to speed off and smash in to things costing money to repair. I check the fail safe is set before each session but once it loses the connection the car has a mind of its own.... Can anyone shine some ligh on this problem please

First thing you need is a throttle return spring. A failsafe will only work When you have a loss of signal but still have power. You seem to not be experiencing that.
You need a spring in there with it without this problem. Its just a safety thing that needs doing!
As far as your issue goes... I would start by inspecting all wiring for any chafed or broken wiring. Be sure to check your plugs for any damage as well. The power switch is also a common failure point.
While you're at full power/speed, you're also at full vibration and impact shock. Likely that you're getting a power failure from that.

Thanks mike
I have ordered the springs will check the rest

I have ftx vantage electric when I turn full left or full right the car goes backwards or forwards I tried with another servo and the result is the same

Last edited:
Just recently bought carnage nt...first car ever. So I broke a front mount for suspension fixed that. But when I turned it on only steering works not throttle response it just opened up full turned back of replaced battery's same thing. Now I ban aided the break with hair bands to hold it on and run 3 more tanks of fuel like it. So was working when switched off it did get little bit wet had to run home with car as it started raining got a little wet but don't know if that's the case I changed there servos over inside battery box same thing steering does not control throttle but throttle controls steering ......also the wheel servo twitches like it trying to turn and when I hold full lock it trys to come bk to centre a bit then goes bk again so any help will be help thanx
Just recently bought carnage nt...first car ever. So I broke a front mount for suspension fixed that. But when I turned it on only steering works not throttle response it just opened up full turned back of replaced battery's same thing. Now I ban aided the break with hair bands to hold it on and run 3 more tanks of fuel like it. So was working when switched off it did get little bit wet had to run home with car as it started raining got a little wet but don't know if that's the case I changed there servos over inside battery box same thing steering does not control throttle but throttle controls steering ......also the wheel servo twitches like it trying to turn and when I hold full lock it trys to come bk to centre a bit then goes bk again so any help will be help thanx