ESC's and Lipo batteries?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariel A.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello again guys:
Forgive my lack of exp. but I would like to mod some of my cars. So instead of using 2S lipo's I would like to upgrade to 4S lipo's. I already have the motors which are Castle 1410 3800Kv sensored brushless. Now my question is would I have to buy new motors and esc's or do I just buy new esc's? Any knowledge would be well appreciated... Thanks

With that particular motor you can only go up to 3s. Jumping from 2s to 4s is a pretty big jump. It will also depend on what car you are using and wanting to mod.
To much power and you can twist parts like a rubber band.
What car are you wanting to mod?

I thinking of doing some upgrades to my Fazer MK2 and my Traxxas 4-tec 3.0
With that particular motor you can only go up to 3s. Jumping from 2s to 4s is a pretty big jump. It will also depend on what car you are using and wanting to mod.
To much power and you can twist parts like a rubber band.
What car are you wanting

Thanks for your reply.

Both the Fazer MK2 and Traxxas 4-tec 3.0 are 1/10 scale rigs so 4s will pretty much be a overkill unless you want to replace a lot of parts.
If it were me, I would keep running on 2s and go up a couple teeth with you pinion.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and I think I am getting ahead of myself. I think the best thing to do is start at the bottom and work my way up. Thanks again...

You are very welcome. What I would do is, find out what mod the gears are and just find you a set of pinions. Most start around 15 teeth and usually come with 4 or 5 pinions.
When you raise the count of the pinion gear, you really need to watch the temp of your motor because it will run hotter.

Yeah, I wouldnt run those kits on anything but 2S. If you want more speed out of them then either doing it through gearing or go with a higher kv motor. Start with gearing first and watch motor/ESC/Battery temps as Tunedpipe said