Engine swap help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Told you it would be a simple answer lol cheers buddy I'll give it a try

Told you it would be a simple answer lol cheers buddy I'll give it a try

You can mark the outer engine mount with marker ,an when you make your template ,you can lay template
down at your mark on the chassy.
Put a little oil on the bottom of your engine mount ,an press it down on the cardboard ,it should transfer ,
an then cut out ,lay cardboard back over on mount ,an punch your holes with small punch!

You can mark the outer engine mount with marker ,an when you make your template ,you can lay template
down at your mark on the chassy.
Put a little oil on the bottom of your engine mount ,an press it down on the cardboard ,it should transfer ,
an then cut out ,lay cardboard back over on mount ,an punch your holes with small punch!
Brilliant idea cheers mate , had already marked out engine on the chassis but the oil and card is a good shout for the rest ?

+1 to this engine mount set, if you guys dont ill probably try snagging it for my buddies rs4 build lol.

No ,I am not buying them ,funds are limited an I'm buying fuel next week!...LOL
I do want to design my own mounts that are fully adjustable though ,seeing that
there is none on market ,I do have a design worked off in my freakin brain!...

Thanks for chiming in , I managed to install it all yesterday I'll put some pics up later , touch of luck the gears came with fitting instructions so all went well lol
You should post those somewhere online as they were impossible to find!

Put them here:
https://www.rcdocuments.com/

Glad you got it figured out!

Hi peoples..
So I got up this morning a bit hungover and got on with mounting the engine to the chassis........

So I got the engine mounted and the transmission lined up and meshed nicely .
It's the cen nt-16 with kyosho 2 speed bell and the header/manifold from the original kyosho gx12 engine. it starts and runs ok not driven yet just started it up .

My question is ...is it ok to use the .12 header from the gx12 (.12) on the nt-16(.16) ?? It fits well and runs but the mouth/opening of the exhaust .12 header is ever so slightly smaller than the ehaust exit hole from the nt-16 engine . Is this a problem/ cuase problems ???
Cheers

Attachments

• 20190413_135654.jpg
    20190413_135654.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20190413_135636.jpg
    20190413_135636.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 77
If you were going to race competitively, you would probably care and want to put a better/free flowing header on there. BUt otherwise, it should work ok.

Hi peoples..
So I got up this morning a bit hungover and got on with mounting the engine to the chassis........

It's the cen nt-16 with kyosho 2 speed bell and the header/manifold from the original kyosho gx12 engine. it starts and runs ok not driven yet just started it up .

My question is ...is it ok to use the .12 header from the gx12 (.12) on the nt-16(.16) ?? It fits well and runs but the mouth/opening of the exhaust .12 header is ever so slightly smaller than the ehaust exit hole from the nt-16 engine . Is this a problem/ cuase problems ???
Cheers
Hi peoples..

Cheers

That is kinda of a lot of back pressure ,I said earlier in the thread that you should replace it ,
a lot of the engines performance is due to what tuned pipe you run!

Some people will channel out the mouth a little with a Dremel tool in an angle toward the screw holes ,
I had seen that done before!....

That is kinda of a lot of back pressure ,I said earlier in the thread that you should replace it ,
a lot of the engines performance is due to what tuned pipe you run!

Some people will channel out the mouth a little with a Dremel tool in an angle toward the screw holes ,
I had seen that done before!....
Ahh sorry I must have missed it , just gone back and seen your post , thanks for pointing that out , again lol ? I've had a little look online but I'm struggling to find to one that would work ...they either exit and turn the wrong way or they have an (O) shaped mouth rather than a rectangular one . The one in my hand is what came with/attached to engine but it doesn't "drop down " so to speak like the kyosho header and means my exhaust ends up to to high like above my fuel tank lol .
any thoughts ?
Cheers

Attachments

• 20190413_154327.jpg
    20190413_154327.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 20190413_154347.jpg
    20190413_154347.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 72
Could I just bolt on that one in the pic that came with it and has the correct size hole and just use some silicone tube with the same i.d or something similar to just make a (U) shape pipe and use it as link/conector piece??
Would this have any adverse effects??
Cheers

Not sure you will get it to form a "U", but it would flex enough so the front of the pipe would be down low, but the rear of the pipe would be up higher.

Not sure you will get it to form a "U", but it would flex enough so the front of the pipe would be down low, but the rear of the pipe would be up higher.
Yeah just tried it , it looked ridiculous lol
I'm searching online but can't find a header that will work.....I need to exit the engine go down and left .....but all the ones I can see go right and or up lol

Ahh sorry I must have missed it , just gone back and seen your post , thanks for pointing that out , again lol ? I've had a little look online but I'm struggling to find to one that would work ...they either exit and turn the wrong way or they have an (O) shaped mouth rather than a rectangular one . The one in my hand is what came with/attached to engine but it doesn't "drop down " so to speak like the kyosho header and means my exhaust ends up to to high like above my fuel tank lol .
any thoughts ?
Cheers

Right here!
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/engine-swap-help.126145/post-1247158

any thoughts ?
Cheers
any thoughts ?
Cheers

Is that the original header for the 16 ,if so .use it if it fit your pipe!

Is that the original header for the 16 ,if so .use it if it fit your pipe!
Yep that's what was on it when it arrived , I've gone with this set up for the moment until I can find an appropriate header that fits right and allows the exhaust to sit back down on the chassis like the original was .
It's not going to win any beauty contests but it allows me to use it until I find the part lol .

Attachments

• 20190413_180506.jpg
    20190413_180506.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190413_180454.jpg
    20190413_180454.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190413_180439.jpg
    20190413_180439.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 76
Yep that's what was on it when it arrived , I've gone with this set up for the moment until I can find an appropriate header that fits right and allows the exhaust to sit back down on the chassis like the original was .
It's not going to win any beauty contests but it allows me to use it until I find the part lol .

Yea ,that will work an atleast the engine can breath!....:thumbs-up: