engine rebuild question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie1

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
sorry if this is a repost but whats a good way to tell if a engine needs to be rebuilt. what do i need to look for when I'm pulling it apart? i feel like nothing is wrong with the motor it ran strong before i put the trucks up.
-odie1

Honestly , You might get more responses in the Engines and motors section of the forums. This is for HPI savage talk.

If you're talking about rebuilding and replacing the conrod, piston, and sleeve, you're better off to buy new. If it ran strong before you stored it, I'd just put some fuel in it, rotate it a few times by hand, drain it and fire it up.

Best way to tell if the engine is going bad is by rotating it with the glow plug in. If you can spin it real easy, then there's not much pinch left. If it's nice and tight, you're good to go.

If you're talking about rebuilding and replacing the conrod, piston, and sleeve, you're better off to buy new. If it ran strong before you stored it, I'd just put some fuel in it, rotate it a few times by hand, drain it and fire it up.

Best way to tell if the engine is going bad is by rotating it with the glow plug in. If you can spin it real easy, then there's not much pinch left. If it's nice and tight, you're good to go.

Ill keep that in mind for future reference if it ever happens.

Back