engine is changing into a gold-yellowish colour HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroandycuz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm starting to really get pretty concern about my nitro rc buggy. i have a feeling it might be due to poor tuning? i think it got too hot. can someone please tell me if this is bad or normal?

Last edited:
You should probably take some photos of what you are asking about, also only post your question in one thread at a time. theres a TON of knowledge here, just give them time to get to your question.

What type of vehicle and engine? Can you post a picture also?

It's all about the fuel you're running. I THINK, don't quite remember, that it might have been O'donnel's fuel that left the yellow glow.

This pic is of a Traxxas 2.5 that ran a perfect tune with Blue Thunder 20%.

IM000200a.jpg

You should probably take some photos of what you are asking about, also only post your question in one thread at a time. theres a TON of knowledge here, just give them time to get to your question.

What type of vehicle and engine? Can you post a picture also?

its a lrp bx s8 with a z.25r engine. technically, its a bronze colour, my bad.

Attachments

• DSC_0122[1].jpg
    DSC_0122[1].jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 169
Give us a little help here. Are you talking about the color that on top of the piston or the actual color on the base of your cylinder exterior.

Give us a little help here. Are you talking about the color that on top of the piston or the actual color on the base of your cylinder exterior.
actual colour on the base of my cylinder exterior.