engine for xxxnt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supernitro17

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i saw a fantom 15 in a losi xxxnt ....it was being broken in at my hobby shop one day. and man this thing flew ! i have a fantom 15 and its fast in my tc, but i expect that in a touring car. it was rainy out and very wet, but this thing was going nuts, it would have rolled onto it back if not for the wet road. made me want one bad ... too bad its not race legal...

well now that I'm going into the nitro stadium trucks, what engine would you recommend ? i think i would like to start racing it, but I'm not possitive, i would also like it to be able to wheelie and go real fast for when i just play with it... i know, hard match to make, but any suggestion will help.

I've been using the OS cv-r , its easy to tune and plenty powerfull - typical OS for ya

how much u looking to spend? - they have some $$ .12's out like rody tuned .12 rb's

i dont want to spend a HUGE ammount, but i could go like 150-200

the OS engines always are a good dependable choice, i want to be able to have the truck wheelie ... what can i get to make it do that ?

i would like to use the 15, but i can't race with a .15 engine, i think the rules are 12 only , which sucks, but i think i may have a 15 for a play engine

I don't pull wheelies with the os cvr 15. I think it's the tires. Also, i'm running a 22t clutch bell ( i think). It has 2 or 4 more teeth than it did in the RTR that came with it.

The trans can't handle a whole lot of power. At least not without the robinson aluminum monster gear. Since i put that in, i haven't toasted the trans yet. But up to then, i was burning up the trans every other weekend and rebuilding it. I kept burning both the pastic gears in the trans. I think i've put 3 gallons on the trans since i last had it apart and it's still as smooth and tight as it was when i put the RRP gear in. I also put in losi's carbide diff balls. This made for a really smooth diff. I also found a threaded aluminum diff nut that holds the diff together. The whole nut is a block of threaded aluminum. This includes the plastic insert that the old "mini" nut went into. Let me know if you want to know where i got it. I can't remember right now, but i'll look if you need me to.

Very rarely did i toast the slipper. I toasted it 3 times. 1st time, i had the mesh to tight, second time a rock got in, third time the trans brace broke which allowed chassis flex and ate all the teeth off.

I have 5 gallons through the os though. It's a very good engine. I don't know if i'll ever stray from os again. It's just to dependable to give up.

The os is still running strong. I bought it in may and ran the 5 gallons through since. It still fires up on the second or third rip of the cord. I have a maxx now that i dump all my time and effort into, but when i want to feel better about the hobby (stupid maxx), i pull out the losi and run it for an hour or two without a single problem.

Last edited:
Back