Emaxx motor has no current

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osuui

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
Hi I have a emaxx that has no volts going to the motor everything else works fine the servos move fan moves just the motor dosent wana run.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Side note: whenever I try to give gas to the car nothing moves and the lights blink on the esc. And they start getting warm the cables and motor.

That Tamiya battery connector may be the culprit. Those things got hot just running a small brushed motor back in the day.

What do I do do I have to get a new esc? Or convert it I don’t know what to do

Did you install the ESC and motor? Do you have a manual for the ESC? You may need to reset the ESC and do a calibration on it. I have no experience with that ESC, and don't even know what it is. I see it is a Novak. Maybe @Greywolf74 has some ideas? But I would definitely change that battery connector out. Those Tamiya plugs are from like the 80's and are pretty crappy.

I start with what Wicked suggested, reser the ESC back to default settings and recalibrate. If that doesn't help then I look in the ESC manual and see what the flashing LED code on the ESC means.

I start with what Wicked suggested, reser the ESC back to default settings and recalibrate. If that doesn't help then I look in the ESC manual and see what the flashing LED code on the ESC means.
I tried reset didn’t work everything is operating well except motor I also checked the led code on the manual and tried doing all of that but nothing. Could the motor be burned out?
Did you install the ESC and motor? Do you have a manual for the ESC? You may need to reset the ESC and do a calibration on it. I have no experience with that ESC, and don't even know what it is. I see it is a Novak. Maybe @Greywolf74 has some ideas? But I would definitely change that battery connector out. Those Tamiya plugs are from like the 80's and are pretty crappy.
No I didn’t install it I traded a rc for a rc I will look into changing the plugs.
Also the pinion on the motor dosent move

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back