Electric RC build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bman123

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Can anyone tell me if the regular aluminum transmission case will work with the proline pro series transmission?

Assuming this is a Traxxas 2wd

Just to clarify, a generic Amazon aluminum case with ProLine internals? Should be able to fit if the diff outdrive and bearings are the same size to fit the aluminum case one.

But which aluminum case are you using? Generic one off of Amazon or something like hot racing?

@luke66 uses a aluminum case in his mm rustler and @WickedFog uses a aluminum case in his drag slash.

I use a 272R in my slash and a regular 272 in my rustler.

All the aluminum gear boxes I've seen are Traxxas 272 compatible which means they are not compatible with proline diffs.

All the aluminum gear boxes I've seen are Traxxas 272 compatible which means they are not compatible with proline diffs.
That's what I figured

Just to clarify, a generic Amazon aluminum case with ProLine internals? Should be able to fit if the diff outdrive and bearings are the same size to fit the aluminum case one.

But which aluminum case are you using? Generic one off of Amazon or something like hot racing?

@luke66 uses a aluminum case in his mm rustler and @WickedFog uses a aluminum case in his drag slash.

I use a 272R in my slash and a regular 272 in my rustle

My pro line trans and case is different than the Traxxas 272 I try to replacement case yesterday and did not fit it all

That's what I figured
I was gonna get one from Amazon but I figured if it fit the Traxxas differentials it wouldn't fit mine

To add to his comment, pics would e hugely helpful

Attachments

• IMG20240225123533.jpg
    IMG20240225123533.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

So you want to put those gears in a different trans?
Yes. I broke the case

I have a china knock off of the HR one. Problem is I don't know if the proline guts would fit in the new trans case.
I don't think they will it's totally different than the inside of a Traxxas case. I'm afraid to get a nice HR one and it not fit. I almost wish I would've just got the Traxxas magnum trans