Ecx revenge w/ .21 engne

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

09KneeDragger

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
new to forum but have limmited knowledge on this hobby. I'm having a issue with my ecx revenge type n. Starts an runs fine but after being at open throttle for a few seconds the smoke from the exhaust disappears and the car Boggs out like it leans it's self way out. Then if I stop the car and let it idle for approx 30 sec the car takes off and has plenty of exhaust smoke again. Any advise would be awesome. Thanks guys and hope you have a awesome weekend. MCH

• Got the car running better turned the HSN counter clock about 1/4 turn and car runs longer with more power. Sill iffy on the higher RPM's tho. Some times it will have plenty of power at open throttle and then some times it will have none. If I easy on the throttle it'll tend to not bogg or choke itself out. If I punch it, it'll wanna choke out. Normal running temp is about 225-260.

• Got the car running better turned the HSN counter clock about 1/4 turn and car runs longer with more power. Sill iffy on the higher RPM's tho. Some times it will have plenty of power at open throttle and then some times it will have none. If I easy on the throttle it'll tend to not bogg or choke itself out. If I punch it, it'll wanna choke out. Normal running temp is about 225-260.
That would be in the Lsn setting,I dont know if it needs to be richer or leaner.
But if you marked the Hsn,you can do the same with the Lsn so you can always
put it back.
The Lsn needs to be tuned while the engine is running an warmed up.
You can always richen the needle,which would be counter clockwise
about a 1/4 of a turn,if your engine runs worse then you can lean it.
The Lsn is the transition from idle to fullthrottle.

@cbaker65 thanks for the tip.. got it ripping up the yard now.. did have a little incident where the car flipped on to the side and was stuck at WOT for about 1.5-2 min.. I'm in a wheel chair so it took me a min to get to it but needless to say the engine flooded.. had fuel coming out the carb.. so i pulled the glow plug and have let the engine sit for approx. 48 hrs now.. I did notice that fuel is draining from the front bearing behind the flywheel.. does this mean that the bearing is shot or that its just still draining the excess fuel from being so flooded.. wiped it down last night and I'm gonna check it for further leaks when i get off work tonight..

@cbaker65 thanks for the tip.. got it ripping up the yard now.. did have a little incident where the car flipped on to the side and was stuck at WOT for about 1.5-2 min.. I'm in a wheel chair so it took me a min to get to it but needless to say the engine flooded.. had fuel coming out the carb.. so i pulled the glow plug and have let the engine sit for approx. 48 hrs now.. I did notice that fuel is draining from the front bearing behind the flywheel.. does this mean that the bearing is shot or that its just still draining the excess fuel from being so flooded.. wiped it down last night and I'm gonna check it for further leaks when i get off work tonight..

If it leaks from the front bearing,then it needs to be replced,but,make sure that it is.
If its not leaking too much,then it maybe ok,just run the engine awhile an check
for other leaks.

Must have been from when I flooded it the other day.. I ran about two tanks thru it yesterday and didn't even adjust any of my needle settings.. Just started the car on the first pull and let it idle for about 2 min until it was about 160 degrees and it was screaming.. it ran the best since I've had it and no more leaks from the front bearing..