easy start issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron1230

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
the gear that goes over the one way bearing keeps cracking and at $9.00 a pop for whole set TRA5276 and only having to use that one gear seems a BIG waste to me is there a metal set or an upgraded plastic set I can install

I saw that someone did sell a metal upgrade for the Ez start system...but I can't think of where it was at....

Agreed. MUCH easier, nothing to hassle with and charge, and lighter on the car. Cheaper, too :).

No hassle until the cord breaks. Man, we all go round and round on this topic! If you decide to go back to 1980's technology, make sure your tune is good.

I put the pull start on mine...and..well...it felt like I was gonna mow the lawn pulling on it..plus I had to carry a glow ignitor around anyway....sooo...I use the glow ignitor and the EZ start. If I was worried about wieght, don't think that the metal parts would be all over the truck. A 4oz Ez start is nuttin..... :)

pull start, Pull start, Pull start

Honestly I was avoiding Pull start Too lazy for the days it is hard to start

how difficult is it to use a bump box as far as battery life of box I hear they are heavy But how many hard starts will it handle and
The roto start I think is not accessible because the header and pipe are in the way UNLESS you do plug the roto in from top bottom or back some how

Get your motor tuned up, and the ez start will give you months and months of trouble-free starts.

poor engine tune is causing the cracking of the plastic gear on the easy start???
I ask cause once started it runs great pops wheelies flies up the alley
its jus the plastic gear that goes over the one way bearing that is broke (cracked) and I don't see any other problems
More than likely I will just buy gear set and install all of them this time But HONESTLY I would much rather have something that is not all plastic
plastic flexes and loses its factory shape with use and the heat then never is the same again
curious be cause I do not like to take it apart in the field after re fuel when I find out the gear has spun and jammed its self to where it wont roll

i use to think pull start but after snapping 1 cord and losing my other pull start why running (the handle just disappeared) I'm not to sure anymore eather

Pull start. A properly tuned engine will start in 3-4 pulls, every time. All the problems others have (aside from losing the pull handle :wtf:) are caused by bad tune.

Pull start. A properly tuned engine will start in 3-4 pulls, every time. All the problems others have (aside from losing the pull handle :wtf:) are caused by bad tune.

i started it and was running.. oviously the pull start was still attached and then went to bring it in for after run procedure and realised there was no pull start to turn the motor over...
kinda a bummer considering it was the 2nd time i ran my buggy

Ditch the female pee pee start and get a pull start thats what real men do anyways. JMO I like pull a lot better.

Ditch the female pee pee start and get a pull start thats what real men do anyways. JMO I like pull a lot better.

You need to lay off the roids, bud. Replacing all the gears would be a good next move. May be another gear causing a bind and it lets loose on the bearing gear.

a poor tune will destroy any starting setup you have. to much fuel or excessive cranking is hard on the parts. the guys loosing the handle probably have a bad one way that is grabbing, or the rope was loose and got tangled up in something. you could try a rotostart type setup, they have metal gears. but thats one more thing to tote around. still lighter then the easy start.

ok I found a easy start off a 1.5 traxxas WITH METAL GEARS:) but the one way on the 1.5 is hexed and the one way on my 3.3 is oval any way will the 1.5 one way fit on the 3.3 engine??????????????

ok I found a easy start off a 1.5 traxxas WITH METAL GEARS:) but the one way on the 1.5 is hexed and the one way on my 3.3 is oval any way will the 1.5 one way fit on the 3.3 engine??????????????
nope:(
won't fit

You don't need metal gears. If all else fails, get a new ez start assembly off of ebay. $20 shipped but it doesn't come with the owb.

Or you could change over and get a bump box! lol