Earthquake and Tsunami hit Japan. Warning allerts for California, Alaska, Hawii

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apparently Hawaii was hit with an earthquake this morning.

I really hope FrickenJoey and his family are all ok. I know he is in Okinawa, but I don't know how close that is to the epicenter.

^ That's exactly what I was thinking. He seems to be here in the mornings, at least in NY anyway. I would imagine he is without power.

Been watching it on cbs all morning. Hope all of our members and their family's are ok and continue to be so.

I really hope FrickenJoey and his family are all ok. I know he is in Okinawa, but I don't know how close that is to the epicenter.

Checked in with him this morning. Everything seems good. Apparently he wasn't in the area it hit. I'm sure he will be on here soon.

Oh man that's bad, I wonder what is to come of this in the future

My sister who lives on the coast in Oregon said they had some small waves and if nothing else happens in the next couple of hours their gonna sound the "all clear" siren.

The media is gonna be butt hurt if there is no damage to speak of here on the west coast. They are already starting to report how "unprepared" we are for a major Tsunami due to the lack of anything else to report.

Rob have you guys seen any type of high waves from the earthquake yet?

Rob have you guys seen any type of high waves from the earthquake yet?

Tsunami is only supposed to be about 2-3 feet in the bay area and will occur at low tide. High tide around here is actually higher than that. LOL

Most damage if any will be from the surge knocking boats in harbors from their moorings.

Checked in with him this morning. Everything seems good. Apparently he wasn't in the area it hit. I'm sure he will be on here soon.

Glad to hear that! I just came home for lunch and wanted to check here first because I knew he was in Japan but wasn't sure his location in relation to the hard hit areas.

The earth is going nuts!

The scary part isn't over yet - they are still trying to get the nuclear plants cooling system back up. It was reported earlier that it was under control but now they are saying it's not.

Lets hope they get this under wraps very soon!

I know its sad, but when i saw the word "aftershock", am I the only one that thought of Team Losi?

They are claiming a city on the coast of Cali was destroyed..boats and docks gone.
I saw a video of something huge on fire.....floating down the river of debris.

They are claiming a city on the coast of Cali was destroyed..boats and docks gone.
I saw a video of something huge on fire.....floating down the river of debris.

There are boats and docks damaged in Crescent City and Santa Cruz so far, but no destroyed city.

I have noticed a lot of sites reporting CA coast damage, but showing pics and vids from Japan.

Back