Shaken not stirred

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This is how I got woke up this morning.....all good; no real damage other than poop falling off of a couple shelves. GOOD MORNING!!! Quicker to wake up than coffee and a shower! lol
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/02/26/japan.okinawa.earthquake/index.html

A 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck Japan's Ryukyu Islands early Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. Soon after the 5:31 a.m. (3:31 p.m. Friday ET) quake, Japan's Meteorological Agency issued a tsunami advisory, recommending that people on the Okinawa Islands evacuate from the seashore. The advisory also affected the Amami Islands and Tokara Islands.
The quake was centered about 6 miles (10 km) deep, about 53 miles (85 km) from Okinawa.
The quake was felt on Okinawa, with shaking that lasted about 15 seconds, said Lt. Col. Daniel King of the U.S. Pacific Command. He told CNN that commanders in Japan and Hawaii were trying to get damage and casualty reports from U.S. military stations on Okinawa but had heard nothing in the immediate aftermath.

Rock and Roll!

Good to hear that you had no real damage.

We had one here a week or so ago. Not nearly as strong as yours. It was centered close to where I live which is 54 miles from where I work. Was all over the news that day. I got to work and at least 20 people asked what it was like... The wife and I slept through it...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/10/illinois.earthquake/index.html

I woke up probably just when it ended... thought I had to go to the rest room. Our cats were all fluffed up and freaked out, I just thought they were fighting and I went back to bed.

The world--she's a talkin' to us! We are nearing the peak of the 20 year cycle that Mother Earth seems to run on. Looking forward to things calming back down in a couple more years...

Back