E-Revo plugs won't fit Spektrum transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fragged3d

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I recently bought a Spektrum DX4R Pro for my Traxxas E-revo and Losi 8ight e 4.0 and when I try connecting the e revo which has the monster mamba 2 installed, nothing fits in the spektrum receiver!

If it has the little "flap" or "anti reverse" thing on it, some have to trim that off.

@Rooky78 is right. There is a small tab on one side of the plug that prevents reversing the plug in the RX. This type of servo plug i called a Futaba-type plug where as the type without the tab is A JR-Type plug (which is what Spektrum uses). I had to trim the tabs off of the servo plugs on my Revo when I switched to Spektrum many years ago.

That little "ledge" on the left needs to be trimmed off with an X-acto knife or a sander.
10049.jpg

This is the socket for Futaba, showing the alignment slot.
img1_big.jpg

Basic rule of thumb for aligning plugs with no guide is to keep the ground wire to the outside edge of the Rx.

I use very sharp scissors and it does the job perfectly. My hands aren't steady enough for an exacto knife, welding and using hand grinders for years will do that to you.

Or side cutters... dykes? The flush edge cutters work well. Then a slight buffing with an exacto and it usually fits fine.

I took it to hobbytown and they fixed me up, I wasn't pushing hard enough!

I guess you just needed a bigger hammer.

Back