E Maxx or Mad Beast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get the Exceed! Poor parts support. The T-Maxx is a better deal.

Not even a question, go with the Traxxas. As Hamz said above the Exceed will be harder to get parts for. Not only that, the quality is not as good as the E-Maxx by far. You might have to pay a little more but you WILL be happier in the long run.

Ok, thank you guys!

The lipos with the Exceed rc Might be dangerous

i like it bc its brushless, nd the reviews on it have been really good. but i think in leaning more toward the brushed e maxx.

I am betting the review you read that was really good might have been a paid review. Example... I have only seen a couple bad reviews from RC Universe. I have bought off their recommendations before and got utter garbage.

I have an emaxx and first off its amazing i accedently drove in a DEEP mud puddle in my field completely submerged and not a problem. this truck is also i giant compared to most 1/10 scale trucks.It is the best choice of the 2.

Steer away from anything exceed rc. Stick with a brand your lhs supports and carries parts for. Cheaper is what you will get and a rc is a investment that you want to get lots of life out of. My first rc was a exceeds because i was not well educated to the rc world and it ended up in the garbage and I went out and bought me a traxxas revo. I could not ever get support from them and to order something was a act of congress to get the part and by the time you did get the part and get it running again something else would break and you will be down for another two weeks not cool in my book when it's pretty outside and you want to go bash with your buddies.

---------- Post added at 7:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:57 PM ----------

Steer away from anything exceed rc. Stick with a brand your lhs supports and carries parts for. Cheaper is what you will get and a rc is a investment that you want to get lots of life out of. My first rc was a exceeds because i was not well educated to the rc world and it ended up in the garbage and I went out and bought me a traxxas revo. I could not ever get support from them and to order something was a act of congress to get the part and by the time you did get the part and get it running again something else would break and you will be down for another two weeks not cool in my book when it's pretty outside and you want to go bash with your buddies.

If you want brushless get a erevo it's a little more money but will be worth it in the long run.

Savage flux is worth a peak for out of the box power, speed, durability, and fun.

I wouldn't recommend a Redcat either because of a lack of parts in most places. Stay with a major brand like Traxxas or HPI.

yeah I would say either the brushless e-maxx or the brushless e-revo!!!! between them 2 you should have alot of fun!!!! I would stick with name brand because part support sucks when you have to order everything that you need expetially when it is something simple that you should be able to get at your lhs.. good luck and make sure you are happy with what you get and make sure it has good part support, traxxas parts are everywhere so they are alot easier to get replacements and hop-ups!!

I just posted my Flux HP for sale if you're interested in that option as well. But as already said stay away from Exceed, as far as what you were looking at, the Traxxas is the better option..

i have a redcat great car i can always find parts and they already come wit some aluminum on it.

i have a redcat great car i can always find parts and they already come wit some aluminum on it.

I would love to know where you find parts for your redcat. Online...yes, hobby shop....probably not. Some people don't want to buy their parts online. They want to drive to their hobby shop and pick it up their so that their car can be fixed that day. ThEnItRo1, just get an E MAXX. Traxxas is highly recommended brand, unlike redcat, every single hobby shop you go to carries traxxas parts.

Last edited:
Not only hobby shops, but places like Pep Boys also carry them as well.

they already come wit some aluminum on it.

Just because a car comes with aluminum does not mean it's completely good. Aluminum has its good and its bad. You would not want every part on your car to be aluminum. It adds weight and aluminum does not flex. Look at RPM...all their parts are made of plastic and are bulletproof. The E MAXX does have plastic parts. They won't last you forever but when they break, you can always upgrade to RPM parts for really cheap.

i find them at my hobby shop and they are good. if u have 1 u will know

Back