Dynamite prophet sport II question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3_Stroke_Motor

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just picked up a new peak charger to carry with me when I'm running out of the car or out of town. Its a dynamite prophet sport II I believe. It came with two wires, one AC wire with a standard hookup for a large 6 cell and has a 3 pin connection that hooks on to that for a receiver pack. On the other hand it came with some alligator clips. When I'm charging my NiCds for back up use in my EZ start the AC charging can only charge up to two amps, but the alligator clamps (DC) can charge up to four amps. This is fine for my receiver packs ( 2 amps) that are sub C sizes. But I can't seem to figure out how to use these alligator clips with that pesky plastic mold around the terminal wires. How do you use the alligator clips on something like this so I can get a quicker charge on these? Or can you?

They are for DC input from a 12 volt battery or power supply.You should be able to squeeze the alligator clamp through the plastic covers and attach them to your car's battery.

They are for DC input from a 12 volt battery or power supply.You should be able to squeeze the alligator clamp through the plastic covers and attach them to your car's battery.

I can get the negative into the square opening, but the half circle/square bottom opening is too small to squeeze the positive one in

Uhh... sounds like you are trying to hook it to the Tamiya connector on a stick pack for your EZ - Start,is that correct? If so that is not how it works. The clips go on a 12V automobile battery or 12v power supply for powering the charger. Then use the Tamiya connector on the charger to charge the stick pack.

Or am I misreading something?

Ok, well then I was misunderstood on the use of the alligator clips. (Nitro Head here) I do know they are used for jumping off cars etc. but not for powering the peak charger. Thats cool!

If you want to run that charger at its full potential (which sounds like its only reached by using DC power you can order home made converted server power supplies from a guy that makes them over on RCTech forums. he sells anything from a 12V 550W supply to a 24V 1400W 57A supply. He may even have a 12v 900W 77A supply too. Or if you have an old PC power supply laying around you can convert it yourself. I'll give you a link to the guy that sells them pre-made and I'll link my video that explains how to convert one you already have into a DC power supply. then you dont have to worry about running it underpowered.

RCTech PSUs:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...power-supplies-sale-12v-24v.html#post11243234

My conversion video for the DYI type:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgmKNr_1myw"]ATX PSU to DC Power for lipo chargers - YouTube[/ame]

Hey, I'm working on this conversion right now, and my pc power supply has they black red and yellows like yours does, but I also have a pink, a purple, a blue and a green and an orange and a gray and a brown with some yellows, reds and blacks that all run into a 19 pin connection, what do I do with these? Also will I need a soldering Iron for any of this?

Never mind about that, the first step, with the green and black wires, I have a green wire, but which black one?

Never mind all of that before! I've kinda reasoned through it. Now that I have my brown and orange wires connected together, With the power being supplied to it, my LED lights, when I connect my Green wire to my Black wire the light turns off.

Back