Dusted off my JRX Pro Se

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danoatnova

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all -

Dusted off my old JRX Pro SE from the 90s. Running a Novak 610RV ESC, Koyosho Outlaw Stock 22/1 and Futaba 2 channel receiver. Yesterday the thing took off on me on its own and nothing I did could stop it. My gut says its the ESC - its always been hard to properly configure - but looking at today's equipment I have NO idea what I would even replace it with. Connectors and motors are totally different than I remember. I don't want to revamp the whole setup, more something I could just swap in its place.

Help an old timer out? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

I'm guessing that the battery connector tho the ESC is the old Tamiya-style. Those have changed for the better. The newer styles are more secure and less likely to melt under high-current usage. As far as ESCs go, there are 2 types: Brushed and Brushless. Brushed ESCs are the type you are currently using and are still used for crawlers/trail rigs. Brushless motors are used on just about everything else.

Any of the 1/10th scale brushed ESCs should be a drop in replacement and you can probably find the older connectors to solder or crimp on the end. Personally though, I'd just switch over to a newer style like an XT-60 or XT-90 as those are the commonly used around here.

run aways are usually caused by radio gear.. as for a esc id look at the used tekin on ebay found some good deals there.. id start with radio...

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Going to check those links out.

run aways are usually caused by radio gear.. as for a esc id look at the used tekin on ebay found some good deals there.. id start with radio...

The more that I look at things the more I'm realizing that the old electronics could use wholesale replacement, radio, esc and motor.

Appreciate the advice.

dan

Back