Duratrax Overdrive st problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skoot14

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just pulled my stadium truck out of the basement and decided to start it up. I cleaned the carburetor and put the HSN, LSN, and throttle stop screw to factory setting. The problem is whenever I start the car it wants to take off and wont idle.

Anyone have some idea of what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Cody!

Last edited:
Sounds like you have an air leak. Double check that your idle is set properly and that you don't have any air bubbles on your fuel line just in case, if not you probably have an air leak on your engine.

There are some good threads here on how to check for those and how to seal your engine properly to fix them. Search on the forum.

Thanks for the help, ill look into them.

Cody!

Sounds like you have an air leak. Double check that your idle is set properly and that you don't have any air bubbles on your fuel line just in case, if not you probably have an air leak on your engine.

There are some good threads here on how to check for those and how to seal your engine properly to fix them. Search on the forum.

Would this also cause the front tires to spin?

No, air leaks on the engine cause engine tuning problems including the erratic idle you described.

Check your throttle trim on your radio. Turn radio and receiver on, remove the air filter and watch the gap on the carb barrel, It should be 1.5mm. Apply the brake and check that the gap remains unchanged. If it closes completely adjust the throttle stop screw until it maintains the 1.5mm. If you have more than 1.5mm on neutral throttle but it gets to 1.5mm when you hit the brakes, adjust your throttle trim on the radio.

About the front tires spinning, as long as all 4 wheels have power and brakes then you shouldn't worry, must be a traction issue.

Here is a link to your models manual in case you need it for reference.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxd92-manual.pdf

Last edited:
The idle gap should be about the thickness of a credit card (1mm). Make sure that the engine is sealed using the info in the sticky at the top of this section about RTR kits.

Its about to rain here, so I will double check the setting and report back with what happens. I hope it works because I don't wanna have to reseal the engine. haha

Thanks for the help thus far though!

Cody

After staring at my stadium truck I finally found the problem. Some how years ago when I was playing with it the linkage nuts over the clutch disappeared. That's what was causing the tires to spin like crazy. Everything is working great now.

Thanks for all the help!

Cody!