Duratrax Evader ST Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

HeavyBag

RCNT Member
My Evader ST Pro has given me a share of excitement and disappointment over the years...mostly excitement. I would not have this stadium truck right now if it was not for Duratrax making a tranny that held up to hotter motors. I was about to throw this truck in the trash back in 2010, then Duratrax came out with the Evader Brushless edition of the ST. That all metal gear Evader Brushless tranny is down right AWESOME, and is the only reason why I still trash (track bash) the ST platform to this day.

I recently give 'er some lovin' by outfitting 'er with some proper old school stadium truck tires and wheels from back in the day.

I am a huge lover of any non dish wheels. I was saving the JConcepts wheels for my one RC10T4, but the timing isn't just right yet. Man, I wish JConcepts would continue on with Rulux ST wheels, but produce them with 12mm hexes. Step Pins, courtesy of Panther Tires, glued up on the rear, and Pro-Line/Team Associated "The Edge" tires made it onto the front wheels.

Having a box load of wings left over from my RC10B4 being sold...I put the wings to use as a spoiler for the Evader ST Pro, and my other stadium trucks. A little bit of trimming and... voilà.

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
My Evader ST Pro has given me a share of excitement and disappointment over the years...mostly excitement. I would not have this stadium truck right now if it was not for Duratrax making a tranny that held up to hotter motors. I was about to throw this truck in the trash back in 2010, then Duratrax came out with the Evader Brushless edition of the ST. That all metal gear Evader Brushless tranny is down right AWESOME, and is the only reason why I still trash (track bash) the ST platform to this day.

I recently give 'er some lovin' by outfitting 'er with some proper old school stadium truck tires and wheels from back in the day.
View attachment 118480
I am a huge lover of any non dish wheels. I was saving the JConcepts wheels for my one RC10T4, but the timing isn't just right yet. Man, I wish JConcepts would continue on with Rulux ST wheels, but produce them with 12mm hexes. Step Pins, courtesy of Panther Tires, glued up on the rear, and Pro-Line/Team Associated "The Edge" tires made it onto the front wheels.
View attachment 118481
Having a box load of wings left over from my RC10B4 being sold...I put the wings to use as a spoiler for the Evader ST Pro, and my other stadium trucks. A little bit of trimming and... voilà.
Nice ride ,my first street car was a Duratrax street force!....:thumbs-up:

HeavyBag

RCNT Member
Thanks. I got a red, white, and blue body for backup, but wouldn't look right with fluorescent yellow wheels. That's why I decided to use up the JConcepts. I'm giving up a 2mm on the rear width, and gaining about 5mm in additional width on the front when using wheels designed for Team Associated's T4.

Duratrax had an extremely good long run with the Evader platform over the years. The ST Pro came with graphite parts. Except for the arms, battery strap, and front spindles, the original graphite composite parts are still on my ST Pro today. Duratrax's graphite is quite tough. I had to swap out the graphite composite arms for new EXT "plastic" arms 'cause the hinge pins had wallowed out the arms pretty bad...I couldn't stand the slop any more.

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I got a couple old duratrax nitro buggies from a guy at work. He was going to include an onroad, which I was interested in. Not sure what to do with these old ST's as they need work to be functional, but parts aren't really around anymore.

D3MON

RCNT Addict
RC Driving Style
Bashing
always loved the duratrax rigs, never ended up getting one though. i wanted an evader to race my brothers rustler around, but ended up going nitro.
that thing is very clean and looks very well kept! beautiful truck!

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
My friend across the street from me ,bought his sons one for X-mas about 8 yrs ago ,one had the buggy
an the other ,the stadium ,they ran them a few times ,but lost interest in them!

Me an the dad use to race are street cars together up an down the street.....LOL...it was
a blast ,I think we had every kid on the block out watching us run them!

I had the Duratrax street force an he had the Traxxas 4-tec ,Lol...mine cost way cheaper an would keep
up with his!...:D