Duratrax 835b problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky P

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently replaced the throttle servo on my Duratrax 835b. This is the first time I've done it. It looked like everything was connected correctly, the throttle was set at 1 mm and everything seemed to be moving like it should. What is happening now, however, is that when I start it, the throttle runs at top speed and I can’t figure out how to stop it from happening. I raised it to stop the wheels from touching the ground when I start it and the car runs harder than I am comfortable allowing. I am afraid of blowing the engine. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

sounds like you need to reset the settings on the linkage with the power on and reset it then

Is that an easy thing to do?

very easy take your air filter off and turn your radio and car on. look down thr barrel and see how far its open likes are u just need to remove the servo horn and refit it with the radio and car both on which will center the servo.
remove the horn tun car radio on. servo should center. set the servo horn on the servo withought actually pushing it down. push the linkage in to where it closes the barrel and then push the hirn doen onto the servo and then put the screw in it

Well, i forgot to mention that I disconnected the throttle servo from the engine and still, there was no change. Is it something in my engine? If so, any suggestions on what it might be?