DURATRAC MAXIMUM MT BREAKDOWN AND RESTORATION

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
So started the research and breakdown. Of the maximum mt I received the other day.. its funny and disappointing. With how people treat and maintain their RCs. I've found parts off other models which is fine..But these don't even come close. least use parts that are the same or close. There was 4 different models made of this model.. and sheetrock screws used. To put parts on. Also super glue and a bunch of other broken 💩. So the breakdowns completed and a bunch of parts ordered..like mentioned is first thread not many parts out there.. So I just ordered everything I could. So would have extra incase of a crash or breakage.😁👍👍 so here it is. In pieces.. and filthy as 💩... and haven a hell of time getting the drive cups off drive gear.. so I can take the diff out of tranns and let plastics sit in some cleaner..spray the tranns.. and find some other stuff like a screw set.. these are so rusted it's bad....

Attachments

• 20210827_172209.jpg
    20210827_172209.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 20210827_172229.jpg
    20210827_172229.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20210827_172243.jpg
    20210827_172243.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 1630170793402940106809786310396.jpg
    1630170793402940106809786310396.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 16301708453536519289567738700566.jpg
    16301708453536519289567738700566.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 16301708826022261972189816472424.jpg
    16301708826022261972189816472424.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 16301711871467571339415983552795.jpg
    16301711871467571339415983552795.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 89
I hate when people half ass stuff on their kits but maybe thats just the stickler in me. I want all my stuff to be perfect. You aint lying, she is definitely filthy :)

I hate when people half ass stuff on their kits but maybe thats just the stickler in me. I want all my stuff to be perfect. You aint lying, she is definitely filthy :)
Oh man this truck is horrible. The sheetrock screw and a nail for a hinge pin.. that's the best I've ever seen personally...The diff looks as if never mantianced ever.. Dry as all hell. And what ever is in the diff looks like clay at this point.🤦‍♂️😝😡 I'm the same way with stuff especially mechanical and building things.. has to be rite the first time.. and not half as*ed... then should never have a problem... going to order alot if things.. wrong front arms rear shocks.. and now a complete diff or diff gears... but love going RC part shopping😁😁👍👍

Oh man this truck is horrible. The sheetrock screw and a nail for a hinge pin.. that's the best I've ever seen personally...The diff looks as if never mantianced ever.. Dry as all hell. And what ever is in the diff looks like clay at this point.🤦‍♂️😝😡 I'm the same way with stuff especially mechanical and building things.. has to be rite the first time.. and not half as*ed... then should never have a problem... going to order alot if things.. wrong front arms rear shocks.. and now a complete diff or diff gears... but love going RC part shopping😁😁👍👍
I was going to ask if that was a nail... wow! 😳

This will be so nice with all the proper parts back on it.

So started the research and breakdown. Of the maximum mt I received the other day.. its funny and disappointing. With how people treat and maintain their RCs. I've found parts off other models which is fine..But these don't even come close. least use parts that are the same or close. There was 4 different models made of this model.. and sheetrock screws used. To put parts on. Also super glue and a bunch of other broken 💩. So the breakdowns completed and a bunch of parts ordered..like mentioned is first thread not many parts out there.. So I just ordered everything I could. So would have extra incase of a crash or breakage.😁👍👍 so here it is. In pieces.. and filthy as 💩... and haven a hell of time getting the drive cups off drive gear.. so I can take the diff out of tranns and let plastics sit in some cleaner..spray the tranns.. and find some other stuff like a screw set.. these are so rusted it's bad....
Woah Jesus mate I would even know where to start with that!!!
Good luck!!!

I bought a used kit one time that someone used a nail as a hinge pin. Never had any with drywall screws tho 🤣 🤣 🤣

Just order about 100$ in parts new rods arms mounts the works.. will clean what I can and keep them for spares.. But this truck deserves a little love... trying to find screws and the diff or the diff gears.. which ever comes first... lol 🤣 🤣

Just order about 100$ in parts new rods arms mounts the works.. will clean what I can and keep them for spares.. But this truck deserves a little love... trying to find screws and the diff or the diff gears.. which ever comes first... lol 🤣 🤣
I dont blame ya. I would do the exact same thing.

I think you deserve an attaboy for even considering this restoration. You guys have a lot more patience than I do. :thumbs-up:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 thanks man... I would hate to have it sitting in my garage.. and always wondering what if... so F- it let's see how it's supposed to look.... just hope I find the gears or diff. Any body will work if it fits.. and will get some duratrac six-pack tires for it.. next week as well...and going to throw a extra .18 nitro I have...

🤣🤣🤣🤣 thanks man... I would hate to have it sitting in my garage.. and always wondering what if... so F- it let's see how it's supposed to look.... just hope I find the gears or diff. Any body will work if it fits.. and will get some duratrac six-pack tires for it.. next week as well...and going to throw a extra .18 nitro I have...
I had some luck with Duratrax parts here in the uk, if you get stuck andknow the part numbers I’ll have a search over here mate

I had some luck with Duratrax parts here in the uk, if you get stuck andknow the part numbers I’ll have a search over here mate
Hey sorry I didn't see this early. Thanks man much appreciated..
will let you know..THANKS MAN👍👍👍

Thats a nice project ,I remember back in the day seeing it on the front page of the RCcaraction magazine ,it made many
mouths water when they seen it!..:thumbs-up:

Thats a nice project ,I remember back in the day seeing it on the front page of the RCcaraction magazine ,it made many
mouths water when they seen it!..:thumbs-up:
Yeah man!! I finally got the crank out the other day.. Freezer trick worked thanks bud 👍👍

Oh sure, give him allllllllllllllllllll the credit! j/k! j/k! j/k! 🤣 🤣 🤣
🤣🤣🤣 👍👍👍 🙊🙊🙊 🌬💨💨

"GREYWOLF74 🐺"

ALSO TOLD ME THE FREEZER TRICK OF PUTTING THE NITRO BLOCK WITH CRANKSHAFT STUCK IN FREEZER FOR 24HRS PULL JT OUT AND GIVE IT A SMACK THE REAR BEARING WILL PROBABLY POP OUT WITH IT!!!!!! AS MINE DID..

you got your own personal shut out bud...... 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍

🤣🤣🤣 👍👍👍 🙊🙊🙊 🌬💨💨

"GREYWOLF74 🐺"

ALSO TOLD ME THE FREEZER TRICK OF PUTTING THE NITRO BLOCK WITH CRANKSHAFT STUCK IN FREEZER FOR 24HRS PULL JT OUT AND GIVE IT A SMACK THE REAR BEARING WILL PROBABLY POP OUT WITH IT!!!!!! AS MINE DID..

you got your own personal shut out bud...... 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍
LOL, I was just yankin' your chain! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Back