Dune Bug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks sweet.

Very clean job.

I would to see a vid of it tearing up the sand.

Looks like a great rig Chip. Really well put together. Now just get the shell painted up nice and it'll be a winner.

If you're running on sand, or any dirt for that matter, do yourself a favour and put a strip of tape over the USB port on the Mamba Max. Those mini-USB ports clog with dirt real easy.I spent hours at work fishing mud out of one after my boss dropped our camera cable in some mud.

Looks like a great rig Chip. Really well put together. Now just get the shell painted up nice and it'll be a winner.

If you're running on sand, or any dirt for that matter, do yourself a favour and put a strip of tape over the USB port on the Mamba Max. Those mini-USB ports clog with dirt real easy.I spent hours at work fishing mud out of one after my boss dropped our camera cable in some mud.

Goodpoint, all 4 of my Mamba Max esc are done that way, I haven't done this one yet. I still have some tinkering to do with this thing.

Last edited:
Webbage, Chip doesn't keep his RC's long enough to worry about them getting dirty lol. Only person I've found that goes through RC's quicker than I do.

Webbage, Chip doesn't keep his RC's long enough to worry about them getting dirty lol. Only person I've found that goes through RC's quicker than I do.
Why keep just one when there so many cool ones.

That's what I'm screamin! Anyone wanna buy a scaler, it's been sitting here for about a month!

Finally got some paint on this sucker. :yes: The color is almost the same as the heat sink on the Mamda Max. Whatcha think ? I also added some road treads and dyed traxxas pede wheels.

IMG_0362-1.gif

IMG_0365-1.gif

IMG_0364-1.gif

RARRRR!! Yes sir that is one fine looking rig. I have to go clean up now ;)

So with them wheels on it, its not really dune bug, its more like badass bug.

Ill race my 1/18 electric against your nitro....... anything. lol

that's a great lookin....thing. I really dig the black wheels :thumbup: Too bad it's electric... :stick: :)
I can not comment on this mater, I don't want an infraction for bashing nitro vehicles.
Someone just whacked a hornets nest with a baseball bat, let the fun begin! :hehe:

at least its not nitro, yuck
He really doesn't know, does he ? :hehe:
Ill race my 1/18 electric against your nitro....... anything. lol
You would win.

Well, I didn't intend to instigate a nitro/lectro war here but since we're comparing apples to oranges I'll race my bone stock Civic Si against your non governed cruiser.

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. :hehe::p:

Well, I didn't intend to instigate a nitro/lectro war here but since we're comparing apples to oranges I'll race my bone stock Civic Si against your non governed cruiser.

Yea, you would win, IF my cruiser were just a stock 4.6. But its not.:D