Dune Bug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
IMG_0256-4-1.gif

IMG_0258-1.gif

IMG_0257-1.gif

specs
Jammin CRT. 5 converted to brushless
RC monster brushless conversion
Mamba Max
Feigao 9 L
JR 8711
3s Maxamps 6000 mah lipo
Panther paddle tires on all 4 corners :twisted:
CCBEC
RC screws stainless steal screws for the Jammin CRT.5
Hpi Bug body for a RS4 MT
SR3100 rx

I still have to do a little work to get the body just right on the chassis.

Last edited:
Nice conversion. I want to see it shooting rooster tails while crossing a lake at WOT.

I know you don't realize because you haven't spent a lot of time with Chip, but trust me. You have no idea that you have just sealed the fate of this RC.

The first time I met Chip and he took his brand new slash out and gave it the "durability test" by spinning around in a circle like a discus throw and launching it full force across a blacktop parking lot. Keep in mind Chip is one of the biggest people that I know.

The first time I met Chip and he took his brand new slash out and gave it the "durability test" by spinning around in a circle like a discus throw and launching it full force across a blacktop parking lot. Keep in mind Chip is one of the biggest people that I know.

It's called Slash bowling Charlie. :hehe::D

Welcome back chip. Glad to see your alright. Yea. Poor lil rc. Its gona die so young. But on a different not, where the hell are you going to run an RC with paddles around here?

Welcome back chip. Glad to see your alright. Yea. Poor lil rc. Its gona die so young. But on a different not, where the hell are you going to run an RC with paddles around here?

Under the old 190 B.R. bridge or across the river from work.

hells yea, gimmie a shout when u try her out.

Nice job man looks good. I'm with Rolex on this one lets see if it can surf :D

I can't believe you hacked up that body. I would have gladly given you $100 for the body.

I have 3 more NIP you need my paypal addy :hehe::hehe::hehe:

The check's in the mail, go ahead and send them my way :hehe:

Really though, I might just have to buy them all to save them from the awful demise of having someone rip a huge hole in their ass for a shock tower. Bug bodies were NOT supposed to go fast.

No, you'll just chop off the sills, rear end, arches, front fenders and front headlamp panel off to stop em catching on your crawler tyres. That's so much better than cutting a hole at the back for a shock tower... :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Not the bug bodies, all of mine are still sitting in the original packaging on the shelf. These babies are a piece of RC crawling history. I found out why Chip did the deed, he just bought another bug body over on that other forum. Ask Chip about my bug bodies, he was trying to trade his entire hobby room for my entire hobby room the last time he was up here lol.

We would sit him on a shelf and muse at his beauty but the rest of us folk get a kick out of bashing the hell out of things :p :hehe::hehe::hehe:

I've never been much of a VW fanatic. I saw a load of Bug bodied trucks at the UK Nationals and thought they looked cheesy, so I decided I didn't want one. I just don't like Bugs for some reason, I've never really known why, I think it's because I don't like the old0fashioned styling, it's not the type of old fashioned styling that appeals to me.

Last edited:
Not the bug bodies, all of mine are still sitting in the original packaging on the shelf. These babies are a piece of RC crawling history. I found out why Chip did the deed, he just bought another bug body over on that other forum. Ask Chip about my bug bodies, he was trying to trade his entire hobby room for my entire hobby room the last time he was up here lol.

Exactly how many of these do you have?